LPVO: Edumacate Me, Fellow Tradesmen

1-8 or 1-10, ffp for sure.

1-6 is a toss for me, but would sfp.

Under 1-6, sfp.

On the 1-8 and 1-10, reticle design matters. What works on 1x, may be way too large on 8 or 10x, and vice versa. Vortex, eotech and Kahles have all figured out the reticle. The Gen 3 razor reticle is awesome. The PA platinum series is getting good reviews, but I haven't spent any time behind one.

The NX8 1-8 has a good reticle, it's light, and pretty tough, but the eyebox is tight.

You get what you pay for. Go Jap glass or better. Most scopes that are made in Japan are made by LOW. They know what they are doing, regardless of the name going on them.

Another one to consider is the new Leupol 2-10. I am not a Leupold fan by any means, but I was impressed with the one I played with a month ago.

What reserviordawg said. I have the PA PLX 1-8 and absolutely love it. Before that I had the bushnell elite tactical series 1-8s. I sold them with the rifles they were on. And now bushnell no longer makes an LPVO elite tactical.

If 1-8 to 1-10 I would go FFP with special consideration to the reticle.

1-4 to 1-6 I would stay SFP. You’ll be on max mag for long range shots at 6x anyway so the reticle will have it’s true values.

true 1x is difficult to get on an LPVO you’re normally anywhere from 1.2-1.5 on the lower end models. You can see it since it gives kind of a fish bowl look. The higher end models have true 1x in the $1500 realm.

If you’re on a budget and don’t mind MOA the sig MSR is decent. SWFA has a mil 1-6x HD which is sweet but that’s an $800 scope. Good news is there are a ton of LPVOs models out there now a days.

Hard to beat for the money..
IMG_3601.png

What kinda 300m targets are you guys shooting?

8 inch steel plates, 33% IPSCs, 10 inch triangles, 8 inch gongs. My brother does run and guns / 2 gun and its been IPSC of varying sizes out to 300. He uses a Swampfox arrowhead 1-6 in Mil / SFP. I havent used it, but he likes it so far in the comps he's been in. No clue on its durability at this point. Verdict is still out on that.

An Eotech can easily handle an IPSC at 300. I like the flexibility of an LPVO though.

Back
Top Bottom