LPVO: Edumacate Me, Fellow Tradesmen

If all you are doing is shooting 300 yards a 1x6 is the most you need. I like the vortex strike eagle line. I've had good experiences with the reticle/ drop. I like the 1x8 as well. The moa reticle is great. I love my 1x10 in mils but would be an expensive overkill for your purposes. I've had no problem with any of my vortex lpvo's holding up to abuse, holding zero, etc. I've had a bunch of lpvo's of different brands but I find myself always going back to vortex. I shot my 1x6 at cmp out to 600 yards and had no issue. My 2 cents.

If all you are doing is shooting 300 yards a 1x6 is the most you need. I like the vortex strike eagle line. I've had good experiences with the reticle/ drop. I like the 1x8 as well. The moa reticle is great. I love my 1x10 in mils but would be an expensive overkill for your purposes. I've had no problem with any of my vortex lpvo's holding up to abuse, holding zero, etc. I've had a bunch of lpvo's of different brands but I find myself always going back to vortex. I shot my 1x6 at cmp out to 600 yards and had no issue. My 2 cents.
I think I saw the Strike Eagle 1x8 on gundeals for $300. I wouldn’t use the “sport” mount that comes with it. I’d use the mount on a .22lr. I like the Vortex scopes I have but didn’t want to get into the “poors” junk lol.

I have the NightForce NX8 1-8 on one rifle and the Vortex 1-6 PST on another rifle. I do NOT like the reticle on the NightForce at all, I much rather have the cross hair on the Vortex PST any day. As a matter of fact, I’m looking for another Vortex PST 1-6 now, especially for less than 1/3 of the price of the NightForce. I also run a red dot on a 45 for quick close up shots.

I looked at the Sig scopes, but they have the same reticle as the NightForce. So that’s a no go for me.

I also have a rifle set up with red dot with a 3X magnifier as well. I really like this set up for fast target acquisition, then flip over the magnifier for longer shots. It’s a really nice set up that’s works very well.
Viper pst 1-6 is a great optic. I've had Razors, NF, Trijicons, Leupolds, etc...the Viper pst 1-6 is by far the best bang for the buck in a lpvo in my opinion.

Looking to get into the 1-8 or 1-10 optics game. Maybe even the 1-6 if there's justified reason to. All of my hands-on experience thus far has been with regular "old school" higher power scopes or "ordinary" zero magnification red dot optics. Who has experience with the different reticles, dots/shapes, and powers? What about 1st and 2nd focal plane positives and negatives? Will be getting training use and needs to be able to take being banged around. Not going to be a safe queen. Budget is medium, somewhere in the $1k range or lower, but tell me what you know. BOCO.

*Main purpose for this optic is for a primary DDM4V7 from up close to 300m.

View attachment 5832941

Trijicon Credo 1-6. Not the HX. The FFP MRAD green 1-6.
21792db8f9297ad5f344f3675a8ace53.jpg

I qualified on the 600 at Talladega with it.

It’s plenty for a carbine.

It’s honestly perfect in my opinion.

Optics Planet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom