• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What lpvo should and reticle should I choose for an AR-10???? HELP

That’s a loaded question…you need to be more specific in asking the question. Purpose? Is it for competition, plinking, hunting, home security, defending against the godless Chinese horde? If hunting, what animal and at what ranges? What’s your experience level? How old are you and do you have any vision issues? It’s not a simple question to get a simple answer.

I'm in my 30s and can see fine. 1-300 yard range mainly I have been shooting/hunting all my life. I won't be doing any bench style shooting except for zeroing. thanks for the input.

Just get this:

The AccuPoint 3-9 might be something to look at, it offers the fiber optic reticle like the ACOG has. Comes in mil-dot, duplex or triangle post.

The weight is pretty light at 13.4 oz compared to other 1-6 LPVO's out there usually weighing around 17-19 oz's. A 308 AR can pack on the weight when you start accessorizing them.

God I love LPVO's, but they really depend on your budget. More inexpensive ones are going to have bad light transmission and have a problem going down to a true 1x but usually if its less 1.25x its not so bad and you can keep both eyes open pretty easily.

1-4 seem a little weak on the high end when I'm in moderately thick trees trying identify an animal properly. 1-6 , 1-8 seem to be better for hunting, to me, if you are coming from higher powered, 3x+on the bottom end. 1x is real nice for something close that pops up on you close and 6x or 8x is plenty to shoot out 500 or 600 yards with ease, depending on reticle choice.

I would stay away from BDC reticles because they can very inaccurate especially if the round they are calibrated for is not stated. An example of ones the round is stated, 5.56 BDC's are stated at 3200fps and you will never see that speed since most are 16" or 18".

I have a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 on 308 AR and its great, I think the Credo is the new version with a thinner reticle, and it is fantastic for all hunting I have done with it so far. I'm looking at getting another 1-8 or even a 1-10 for a hunting based bolt action rifle I have and moving my 3-15 to another more longer range rifle.

Leupold VX III 3.5-10 x 40 should be a good one. Or 4.5 - 14 with an AO. That would be my choice anyway. Sturdy scope, good glass with precise adjustments

Back
Top Bottom