Lubing an AR

So, no LSA on the gas rings, anymore ?

I’ve always done it and it never caused any issues, but I see what he’s saying.

To me, the main takeaway here is run an AR as wet as you can. That’s what I’ve always done, whether I used oil, grease, or a combination of the two. Never had any line related malfunctions in my AR’s.

One of the most common causes of malfunctions I see in my classes are not enough lube. Just about any firearms are automotive lube out there will work, if you use it liberally. Don’t get hung up so much on WHAT you use as you should on HOW you use it.

I get the article but this is way over thinking it . Spray a tad of cheap rem oil in there and run it .

Machine guns are my favorite as all the stuff in the article is just about irrelevant after 500+ solid rounds in one go. It stops and sounds crappy just spray again. Good to go

Have y'all heard about the boy that bought the AR-15, and it kept jamming?

He took it to a local gunsmith (a fella I know and trust) who found some thick gunk gumming up the bolt and bcg. The gunsmith cleaned it up and gave it back. A week later the young man brought it back all gummed up again. So the gunsmith asked: what is this crap, what are you using? "Oil, ah, grease" said the customer.

Thinking hard the gunsmith asked, "What kind of grease?"

"You know, the stuff that comes in that spray can."

"Where do you get it?" asked the gunsmith.

"The grocery store, you know, PAM!".

Have y'all heard about the boy that bought the AR-15, and it kept jamming?

He took it to a local gunsmith (a fella I know and trust) who found some thick gunk gumming up the bolt and bcg. The gunsmith cleaned it up and gave it back. A week later the young man brought it back all gummed up again. So the gunsmith asked: what is this crap, what are you using? "Oil, ah, grease" said the customer.

Thinking hard the gunsmith asked, "What kind of grease?"

"You know, the stuff that comes in that spray can."

"Where do you get it?" asked the gunsmith.

"The grocery store, you know, PAM!".
:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom