• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M1 carbine advice

I'd love to have another one. When I was a kid reading gun mags there was nothing cooler than a paratrooper M1 Carbine. I like all of them even the Over Johnson/ Universal copies from the 60s and 70s.
I just got an email from Guns America this morning with an article about a new model from Inland. I assumed some group just bought the Inland name. But the MSRP on the new one was over $1,000. They have a pistol version called the Advisor that's just begging to be SBRed. But again they're expensive.
If you can find one that's affordable and not collector grade and too nice to shoot you will have a blast with it. Lightweight rifle with no recoil and it's traditional wood and steel. You can't go wrong having at least one.

Feed issues- tried different mags?

If you mean on the Kahr... yeah, I finally settled on the GI mags from Keepshooting.com. I haven't had a problem with them yet. Forget about the Korean ones in it though, I could never get those to work reliably at all, even though they work fine in everything else I've tried.

Many out there. Gunbroker is a good place Inlands $750 if not import marked. rarer manufacturers more. Underwoods $850ish, IBM, NPM, Quality Hardware, Saginaws $900s, Winchesters and Standard Products 1k and Rock-o-las $1,000-$1,200

More if all matching and early features like no bayonet lug barrel band, flip sight and push button safety.

Saw a nice SP here yesterday for $800. View attachment 748004

Interesting chart....thanks.

Back
Top Bottom