• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Garand accuracy question

May have dirt or cosmoline in it, or is worn out. Detail strip the rear sight and see what you have.

Also, any play associated with the front gas tube on the barrel splines?
The gun has been completely disassembled and cleaned of cosmoline and all other types of debris. It is probably just a worn out sight. The gears look alright but I don't know maybe they are too worn to click properly. There is a little play in the front gas tube where the barrel and gas tube meet but not much.

Thanks.

Some times it is not the fit of the stock.
It could be the sights themselves that needs replacement because of movement.
I know a little about M1 garlands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you know more than a little ! One of the more knowledgeable Garand guys on here !

www.rcarms.com_resources_shims_installed_with_lines_600.jpg

www.qsl.net_n_n3db__garand_basebed.jpg

You could always add some shims to see if it gets better.

Have you spec'd out your ME and TE? You could have a shot-out barrel that any amount of stock work wouldn't improve. Have you done the round in the muzzle test?

[Broken External Image]:

Guess which one you don't want in the above pic?

OP,
Either via a Youtube video... or go to the CMP website and look at the help and instructional videos... determine if you have got your sight tightened to the receiver correctly... Thats the first step on the way to checking your rifles accuracy...lots of other factors to start looking at after this is done properly...

HTH

www.rcarms.com_resources_shims_installed_with_lines_600.jpg

www.qsl.net_n_n3db__garand_basebed.jpg

You could always add some shims to see if it gets better.

Have you spec'd out your ME and TE? You could have a shot-out barrel that any amount of stock work wouldn't improve. Have you done the round in the muzzle test?

[Broken External Image]:

Guess which one you don't want in the above pic?
Thanks for the info! Sorry y'all I'm a noob what is ME and TE? Also what does the round in the muzzle test tell you about the gun? I've always seen pics of people doing that but never understood what it meant.

Back
Top Bottom