• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Garand accuracy question

If the rear site aperture has some side to side movement, a small rubber band around it to the adjacent site guard stops that.

Thanks guys for all your input and help. Always a good day when you learn more about firearms. Looks like I'll have some diagnosing to do. Try and rule out some of the variables.

See if someone local can check the throat erosion for you. Takes about a minute to do.

And it is not the end of the world if you have to replace the stock. Dupage , Boyd, and CMP all sell them new and tight.

Steve Edwards is your answer. The man is a genius with the M1 and M1a. He spent a couple of hours tinkering with my M1a and this is the results.
M1a 200 yards 1st 0.595.jpg

0.595 MOA at 200 yards.

real 2nd 200 m1a 0.48.jpg

0.48 MOA at 200 yards.

I was also making constant hits at over 800 yards at Arena the last two times I went.

I PMed his number to you. He's also a member here, but i can't remember his user name.

guessing this shows the barrel is junk

If that is junk then my M1-Garand that almost swallows a M2 Ball That shoots .5 inch groups at 100 yards is toast LOL.
As stated before you need someone to look at the sight fitment of the front and rear sights to eliminate that as your issue.
If that is not the issue then start looking at Stock fitment which usually only accounts for tightening the shot group (not for all over the paper like you are stating).
Then looking at the trigger Pull and how it breaks which again only helps tighten the shot group up.
Me personally I think you have a Sight issue and I helped someone else fix this very issue Recently.
Just my .02 worth
If you need I can meet you somewhere in between me and you to take a look at it if you would like.
Just PM me and we can set something up.

Steve Edwards is your answer. The man is a genius with the M1 and M1a. He spent a couple of hours tinkering with my M1a and this is the results.
View attachment 1405108
0.595 MOA at 200 yards.

View attachment 1405110
0.48 MOA at 200 yards.

I was also making constant hits at over 800 yards at Arena the last two times I went.

I PMed his number to you. He's also a member here, but i can't remember his user name.
Although I don't have anything of great value to add, I do know they are suppose to be accurate as hell. This kind of result is what I have always heard about the rifles. If in good order those rifles are legendary for their accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom