Made a trip down to Glock in Smyrna...found something I never heard of!

RdKill

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
First, I'd like to say that the guys and gals at Glock are top notch. I was treated quite well there. I had one problem gun that was quickly rectified. And I got a few upgrades while I was there. I took them 3 Glocks, a Gen 3 G21, a Gen 3 G17 and a Gen 2 G17...all 3 recent trade acquisitions. They put extended mag releases and extended slide releases as needed on the ones that didn't have them for free. I had 4 of the old style mags without the floor plate hole. I asked for new springs. They just swapped out the old mags for new ones...free! I wanted fresh night sights on them. That cost 57 bucks per set (installed). Cheaper than Ebay most days and I didn't have to put them on. The guy taking my guns in showed me some Illumination sights. They glow in the dark but have to be charged with light first. I immediately saw the tactical disadvantage of having to turn on a light to charge night sights but it only took a second or two to bring them up to full brightness...and if coming out of ambient light, they are charged anyway...still...I'm not unsold on tritium night sights enough to make the switch. I did however decide to "try" out a set on the Gen 2 G17. I figured I was probably just wasting 30 bucks and would end up putting tritium sights on the next trip down there...but I don't know now. I really like these sights!

Here's a pic after a 3 second charge with a tac light. Of course the tritium sights didn't have to be "charged"...but look at how much brighter the Illumination sights are!

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t46_juliussqueezer_Firearms_Glockns.jpg

When I got home, I spent the rest of the evening color filling slides and mags...and installed my little dragons. Dragon is my Chinese horoscope. I'm not Chinese but I am so grateful not to be a rat, cock, dog or monkey that I honor my Chinese horoscope any chance I get.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t46_juliussqueezer_Firearms_Glock3.jpg

Anyway, any of you guys have any experience with the illumination sights? I have never seen any on any of the Glocks for sale here and I've never heard them mentioned.

I have a newb question, do they refinish/fix scratch and old guns? Like the Glock RTF2, if I find one in good condition but it can use a make over, would they beable to make it look new again? I know with the newer glocks they can but with something that isn't in production anymore?

These are the same sights that HK and Beretta have been catching flack for for years.
They are called SuperLuminova and they SUCK. They are made for European countries that outlaw civilian ownership of radioactive materials.
When you draw from a holster, the rear sights are WAY brighter than the front, which is a problem.
I'd stick with H³.

Back
Top Bottom