Made a trip down to Glock in Smyrna...found something I never heard of!

I have a newb question, do they refinish/fix scratch and old guns? Like the Glock RTF2, if I find one in good condition but it can use a make over, would they beable to make it look new again? I know with the newer glocks they can but with something that isn't in production anymore?

I've heard that they can re-finish the slide for about $40 but I'm not sure. If there's something wrong with the gun then they can fix it regardless of how old it is because most of the parts are interchangeable. I've taken in several Gen 2s and had them upgraded.

These are the same sights that HK and Beretta have been catching flack for for years.
They are called SuperLuminova and they SUCK. They are made for European countries that outlaw civilian ownership of radioactive materials.
When you draw from a holster, the rear sights are WAY brighter than the front, which is a problem.
I'd stick with H³.

Yeah, I could see how drawing from a holster would create that problem. They just lost a lot of luster for me... I guess the only thing they could be used for is for a night stand gun, assuming you could shine a light on them right before you went to bed and they would keep their charge all night. Being unable to carry in a holster for extended periods of time kind of pigeon holes their usefulness though

I actually like the tritium sights because they aren't as bright. An instructor I had through HK pointed out how much quicker it was to acquire a target in low light if your sights are just bright enough to capture your attention, but not keep it.

I like them both for what they are. I don't carry my G17...Heck for that matter, I don't carry a Glock. I carry commander size 1911 with Trijicon night sights. I keep the G21 at bedside with Glock Tritium night sights and mounted flashlight. I also keep a HD 12 gauge handy with Tritium night sights and a mounted flashlight. G17s are just range pistols for me so I don't suffer any perceived tactical disadvantage. In the day time, the illumination sights are nearly as bright as the white high-vis sights. I haven't tested to see how long they hold the charge. I've been meaning to but just haven't.

Dont let Glock refinish your slide it wil, turn out like **** and you wil get it 6-8 weeks later. I had a horrible experience with glock and that may be a reason I dont care for the gun so much anymore unless its a g19 or g17. I would get Howie to do finishing I need done. As soon as I get a beat up glock 19 I am sending it to him.

Dont let Glock refinish your slide it wil, turn out like **** and you wil get it 6-8 weeks later. I had a horrible experience with glock and that may be a reason I dont care for the gun so much anymore unless its a g19 or g17. I would get Howie to do finishing I need done. As soon as I get a beat up glock 19 I am sending it to him.

+100

These are the same sights that HK and Beretta have been catching flack for for years.
They are called SuperLuminova and they SUCK. They are made for European countries that outlaw civilian ownership of radioactive materials.
When you draw from a holster, the rear sights are WAY brighter than the front, which is a problem.
I'd stick with H³.

this is the only downfall. My PSP had the same sunperluminova sights. Like you said, the rear sight is super bright, since the front sight is in the holster... its dark.

Back
Top Bottom