• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magnet Fishing

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
I've been reading a bit and watching Youtube videos about magnet fishing. It looks interesting as I am aware of some creeks that flow under busy roads and are excellent places for tossing out guns and such or anything else interesting.

Question is if anyone here has done it and been successful and if so, what magnet did you use? Looks like most people use paracord to pull them back in. But on Amazon and Ebay there must be 3000 different magnets and most come from either China or the UK. What's a good one and what have you found?

Wonder if searching in the Chattahoochee would be any good. I know a lot of bodies have gone in but maybe some good stuff too. Of course heavy rubber gloves would be involved since you wouldn't want to get any of the water on your skin.

Any good stories?

I've never done any myself, but if you've got a Harbor Freight near you, go by there sometime.

Seems like I remember seeing some big magnets last time I was in there.

Not me. When I first saw the thread I thought it said "Midget Fisting" and I wondered why the hell you tagged me in it.
:pound:

Sorry man, I could've sworn it was you that posted about finding some cool stuff while magnet fishing awhile back.

If it was "midget fisting" I would've called in our resident expert: @ARCman47

Back
Top Bottom