• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mainstreet Range & Guns in Lilburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tell everyone about the $50.00 Fee, and we no longer accept from buds.
We are also sorry to hear this, and would love to change your mind.
Please let me know if there's anything we can do.
Mainstreet Arms

That's a shame.

Most shops who offer no or low transfer fees will get patrons who buy a few things in the store where the transfer was done to show their gratitude.

I don't buy anything when I get transfer from Cherokee... But I do buy most of their suppressors so that makes up for the free transfer they give me :)

once in a gun store, I don't care if I don't buy a weapon..I'm buying something... its like walking into a candy store..something is coming home with me

We are sorry to hear this sir, we are constantly trying to bring the lowest prices possible to our customers. We are the only shop in Ga. that we know of, that still have AR's in stock. We charge $50.00 to any transfer from buds. We clearly state this to our customers, and just for the record this customer in question left with a smile, then posted this. Please let us know any way that we can change your mind.

Trust but verify.

After returning home I posted a factual account of what happened and asked for other people's perspective. (I hope you'll agree that my description in the first post on this thread is factually correct.) The feedback i received confirmed some of my uneasy feelings. Then I did some research on the legal situation and what I learned didn't match what I heard in your store. So that wiped the smile away.

In retrospect, the fact that Bud's recommended your FFL service without notifying me of a $50 FFL fee was part of the problem. I certainly would have used Mr. Pawn had I known that.

I think you've improved the situation by no longer accepting FFL from Buds. That will avoid future people falling into the trap that I fell into.

If you'll acknowledge that what happened to me was unfair, then I'll come by and pick up the $25 and then I'll call us even.

Last edited:
Thank you sir,
This is what we are known for, for the record we have fired the problematic staff, to replace them with top notch employees.
I hope we can continue to help and serve the community as we have for years.
Mainstreet Arms

Buds explains on their website and when you call them that tax is charged to customers by them in KY. But its up to your FFL to charge you tax in your state.
The problem is that my employee was misinformed/confused, he has now been properly trained and this wont happen again.
Please bear with us while we are still getting our bearings in this new location, and please keep us in mind.
Mainstreet Arms

unfortunately we just don't want the chance of this happening again. We clearly state our fee's and there seems to be a mix up at buds over the fee's almost every time.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope to see you soon.
Mainstreet arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom