• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Making sure I’m reading this right,18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts

Sigo

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
1   0
Reaction score
I live in Georgia. One of my kids lives in the Peoples’ Republic of Illinois. She just got orders to Germany and cannot take her firearms. Plan A is to have me take possession of those guns to secure them while she is overseas. Typical rifles and handguns. Nothing fancy or questionable under current law. I am not in the gun industry except as an over energetic consumer.

After reading the above code, I believe it is lawful for her to loan me her firearms until she returns. Am I correct? If not, what would be a legal method to secure these firearms?

If you possess the guns in a way that you can use them as you see fit,
then it would be a "transfer" and not legal unless the guns go through an FFL dealership.

If she is merely storing her guns in a closed locker or cabinet at your place and you don't have access to them, I would say that it's probably not a transfer.
They're still HER guns, and only her guns. Not yours.

If you possess the guns in a way that you can use them as you see fit,
then it would be a "transfer" and not legal unless the guns go through an FFL dealership.

If she is merely storing her guns in a closed locker or cabinet at your place and you don't have access to them, I would say that it's probably not a transfer.
They're still HER guns, and only her guns. Not yours.[/QUOT
I live in Georgia. One of my kids lives in the Peoples’ Republic of Illinois. She just got orders to Germany and cannot take her firearms. Plan A is to have me take possession of those guns to secure them while she is overseas. Typical rifles and handguns. Nothing fancy or questionable under current law. I am not in the gun industry except as an over energetic consumer.

After reading the above code, I believe it is lawful for her to loan me her firearms until she returns. Am I correct? If not, what would be a legal method to secure these firearms?
SMH JUST SMH

Back
Top Bottom