• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mark Richt resigns

QUOTE="burger146, post: 5303018, member: 37277"]As a Tennessee fan, careful what you wish for. It has taken us 6 years to even start to get back to normal after firing a coach with one of the highest winning percentages in the SEC....[/QUOTE]

But your a Tennessee fan soooo....:behindsofa:

Yeah money can get a lot of things you want....I hope Kirby stays at Alabama....but if he leaves saban will keep trucking right on..he'll recruit another great coach just like he does with players

He will have a job by the end of the week! However I am afraid this move will cost us the #1 QB prospect!

Those rankings mean very little. I'll give you an example I know about as a SC fan.

Perry Orth = 0 star former walk-on
Lorenzo Nunez = 4 star (#16 QB)
Connor Mitch = 4 star (#13 QB)
Michael Scarnecchia = 3 star

All of them started at least one game this year. All had one win apiece. Real impressive 3-9 and Spurrier leaving mid-season. Connor Mitch is one of the most prolific QB's in North Carolina high school history. He had the QB guru of QB gurus teaching him for three years (Redshirt Sophomore), and the same staff that trained Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson. He had injuries but still, he was completely lost in the North Carolina game. FWIW, Shaw was a three-star and Dylan Thompson (who led the SEC in passing yards in 2014) was a two-star.

You might lose out on Eason anyway. He's from Washington State. Athens isn't exactly the next town over. If he wants to play for a university that spits out pro players and has a coaching staff firmly in place, he can stay at home and go to Washington. Or go to Washington State and play in Mike Leach's air raid. If he does stay committed to Georgia, what happens next? Throw him into a new system with a new coach as Sonny Dykes did with Jared Goff at Cal a few years ago and you go 1-11 your first season, or end up 3-9 like my Gamecocks.

Don't say it can't happen either. If you asked me before this season if Carolina would go 3-9, I would have laughed and called you silly. But it happened. Or look further West at Nebraska. They went from 9-3 to 5-7 because of a system and head coaching change. Same starting QB as a year ago too.

I hope he takes Lambchop with him. He's a Stumbler, Bumbler what was it last week 5 plays in a row slip, fumble, trip, mishandle snap and interception. Oh and forget the Play after a Time Out.

Back
Top Bottom