• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mark Richt resigns

3. “I don’t know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended.”

4. “Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don’t understand that. What happens to them?”

So, who you going to replace him with. Remember, you have to beat a .740 win percentage, multiple SEC Championships, 9 of 14 seasons with double digit win count (10 if they win this bowl). Not to mention it was at least 20 (TWENTY) years before he got here that we had an SEC Championship!

Go....

None of that matters. He will also been know as the coach that couldn't win the big games. Literally. Winning against teams that you are better than doesn't mean **** when all said and done... Clearly. If you ain't first your last.

None of that matters. He will also been know as the coach that couldn't win the big games. Literally. Winning against teams that you are better than doesn't mean **** when all said and done... Clearly. If you ain't first your last.
I couldn't be ****ed to read pages on pages of posts.
I do agree with you though. A 75% win percentage is great and all.. But how many national titles does he have to show for it in 15 years? How about SEC championships even..? Not enough.
I love Richt. I grew up watching him. He's basically been Georgias coach for as long as I can remember. I compare him to GW Bush. Lol
He's a great, great guy. Outstanding character. But ultimately Georgia has become, "okay" with mediocre seasons and I think after the beating we took this year enough was enough.. Time to try and move the cards around some. Especially with the talent we're going to be bringing in next season.. Heck why not start from scratch?
Love Richt though and will sorely miss him between the hedges.

From what I've read so far, South Carolina is pursuing Kirby Smart pretty hard and Tom Herman (Houston's head coach) is very interested in UGA. Personally, I don't like the possibility of Smart being another flop as a head coach like Muschamp was at Florida. Even though I've said for a couple of years that UGA needed to hurry up and fire Richt so they could hire Smart before he went anywhere else, at this point, I think I'd rather have a guy that's already proven he can win somewhere as a head coach. I haven't even seen anything about whether Smart even wants to leave Alabama or not, but it's pretty clear Herman is willing to leave Houston.

I am so glad that Richt was fired. This means that UGA is going downhill. I love how it is Richts fault for dropped passes fumbles and injuries wrecking UGA every year.....idiots.

I am so glad that Richt was fired. This means that UGA is going downhill. I love how it is Richts fault for dropped passes fumbles and injuries wrecking UGA every year.....idiots.

Well coached teams don't drop balls or fumble to wreck a game
A well coach team has starters and back-ups to come in. UGA has no quarterback and not even a decent second or third string replacement. When a starter goes out, the second string should come in and not miss a beat.

Excuses are weak.

Well coached teams don't drop balls or fumble to wreck a game
A well coach team has starters and back-ups to come in. UGA has no quarterback and not even a decent second or third string replacement. When a starter goes out, the second string should come in and not miss a beat.

Excuses are weak.

Were UGA's current crop of QBs touted highly?

How is it Richts fault that Chubb got injured or fumbles and dropped passes costing them games? Look at that BS from the Auburn game what last year twwo years ago? That is Richts fault? Come on man be real.

Back
Top Bottom