• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin 336

mike929

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
8   0
Reaction score
I have a Marlin 336cs in a 35. I have been told that the cs is the more expensive model. The ones that I see in the stores are the model c. Not sure what year it was made but its near flawless and has only been shot 10 times or less and has never been out in the weather. Trying to put a price tag on it. Any body have an idea.

I have found that you have to subtract the first 2 numbers of serial number from 100. So the gun was made in 1994. Still trying to find out what its worth

Last edited:
The "C" model is the deluxe model with the walnut stock and the "s" signifies a crossbolt safety on the gun. As far as value goes look and see what they are actually selling for on Gun Broker and that will give you a ball park figure. In the interest of full disclosure I am not an expert this is just what I have seen.

The 336cs and the 336c are the same. In the early 80's Marlin added a push button safety on the receiver and changed the c to cs. Sometime around 2000 they dropped the s and went back to just c. Around the time the 336cs started Marlin offered the 336w. The w was a lower cost model. The main reason for the lower price was a birch or hardwood stock compared to the cs's walnut stock. There is about $100 difference in a new 336w and a 336c. I have bought and sold from $225 to $350 for a 35 cal. Marlin 336 c. Good luck.

On a side note...on the 336w the sling studs are not drilled all the way through, if you want to use a sling with the quick push button release, you have to change the band on the forearm and the sling stud on the stock.

Back
Top Bottom