• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

martial arts question

Look into Kali. I have studied BJJ, Krav and Judo. Kali has been the most benefitical to my leathality. It is weapons based but the skills all translate to empty hands. It also works at all ranges. Watch some videos of Doug Marcadia. It is amazing how differently my body moves and how much more confident I am with a knife, stick, fist or what ever. Much more finess that ballistic.

download (3).jpg

download (4).jpg
i did traditional japanese karate for years and mma for a couple years. Liked mma more overall but learned good technique and discipline with japanese karate. Now i have a mma kinda gym set up in my two car garage that i made into a complete gym with various heavy bags kettle bells battle ropes power tower slam balls weights other exercise stuff etc and do combat training kinda stuff and include a lot of pistol drills, work from concealment, snap cap stuff etc. Its free, fun, and great training. I enjoy integrating working pistol drills into my workouts since the pistol is an additional weapon to hands and feet. Train them all together (although most gyms wont let ya haha). As you said, it gets expensive and time consuming . I would recommend building strength endurance and stamina and get quick and effective at stand up. I know its often said _____ percent of fights end up on the ground. However, 100% start standing. Be effective at stand up and stay off the ground. But ground game is good to know should you find yourself on it. Best of luck on your journey young grass hoppa.

Oh, what did bruce lee order at burger king? A WHOPPAAAA!!!

Back
Top Bottom