• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massive bridge in Baltimore collapsed after being struck.

I've been busy all day and haven't been following the story but from what I've heard it was the workers on the bridge that where killed?
It's always the grunts taking a beaten in this world ain't it. Just doing your job and minding your own business and a freaking ship crashes into you.:tsk:
News has only been reporting on the 8 workers who were fixing potholes; the leader survived, one other in hospital, 6 missing.
So far as I've seen, they're ignoring the statement they glossed over that sonar has detected cars under the bridge. Were the empty and driving themselves?

News has only been reporting on the 8 workers who were fixing potholes; the leader survived, one other in hospital, 6 missing.
So far as I've seen, they're ignoring the statement they glossed over that sonar has detected cars under the bridge. Were the empty and driving themselves?
I thought there where cars crossing the bridge right before the ship hit from what I saw on the videos but I don't know why they would need to lie about something like that but then again it's the gooberment so lying is their go to response for just about everything.

I’m a 100 ton master, and have know plenty of junkies, that nodded out while piloting a boat, I even took control of 1 boat as first mate, because of this!..I also have seen boats in bad repair, an American boat, goes thru coast guard inspections, and the crew are drilled on emergencies.. as far as a motor going down, and loosing control, that’s on the captain, and u have zero control on a boat meant for 2 motors, when 1 goes down.. lots of full reverse!..depending where your at in the intercoastal, drop your hook and anchor off..run the ship a ground!..glad I wasn’t the Captain!..if anyone wants to know about this..check with the Coast Guard..they know

I’m a 100 ton master, and have know plenty of junkies, that nodded out while piloting a boat, I even took control of 1 boat as first mate, because of this!..I also have seen boats in bad repair, an American boat, goes thru coast guard inspections, and the crew are drilled on emergencies.. as far as a motor going down, and loosing control, that’s on the captain, and u have zero control on a boat meant for 2 motors, when 1 goes down.. lots of full reverse!..depending where your at in the intercoastal, drop your hook and anchor off..run the ship a ground!..glad I wasn’t the Captain!..if anyone wants to know about this..check with the Coast Guard..they know
Thanks for the insight.
I'm no sailor but I do know that boats don't steer still well without power and I'm guessing big boats really don't.

Thanks for the insite.
I'm no sailor but I do know that boats don't steer still well without power and I'm guessing big boats really don't.
Pretty scary when u have a fuel problem, and loose control..if the captain panics your thru…drop the hook!..captain could have lost control thru hydronic steering?..whole lot of things could happen, coast guard teaches u to crawl your boat, before u take the helm!

Pretty scary when u have a fuel problem, and loose control..if the captain panics your thru…drop the hook!..captain could have lost control thru hydronic steering?..whole lot of things could happen, coast guard teaches u to crawl your boat, before u take the helm!
I just watched a video of the ship hitting the bride..I d
Can’t tell why the collision happened, but I can tell that every bridge in America, is a no wake zone, before, and after the bridge..that boat was going way too fast…if your boat is a run away, shut fuel cocks off, and throw your hook, I’m thinking the captain panicked..Coast Guard will jerk his ticket for that 1!

Back
Top Bottom