Mechanics and business owners

Does this shop not test drive ???

Me and my crew will not ever let car truck leave without extensive test drive and 100% confirm fix
After the first come back it is our goal to not see you with this problem again

If we feel some what eeeeehhh about repairs we will ask you to allow my manager drive home and put miles on it to keep this coming back for problems again

This is now pissing me off

I got my car out of the shop yesterday after a timing belt service. Today I come out of the store to a decent puddle of coolant.

I originally called the shop to see how much they would stick it to me.
They gave me a fair price so I let them do it.
I had planned to do the job myself.
The short version is I just needed a timing belt & tensioner.
I asked about just that.
I got the expected ...do the water pump. I said well if you say that then quote me a full and complete job.
(I would have done the full and complete job later on, i just didn't want the belt to snap)
Anyways. I didn't demand or ask for new hoses and a fan clutch.
I am glad they didn't run it before the belt/wp/seal job in case it broke. (To check the fan clutch)
Anyways the hose felt like it had a bulge near the leak and so it is going back in for that and more.
(They didn't call and say the hoses were clapped out)
Anyway, I can change the hoses myself and all the other maintenance. I just hope the dude appreciates me paying extra for stupid ****. My way of looking at it is that it is his car to maintain, I just pay.
I am busy lately and it is a treat to myself to not have to screw with it.

Mutual respect and trust. I just hope the professional shop would be as thorough as I would be.

It is a 89 model so it could stand to be rebuilt so you have to pick your battles. I am sure that was a factor. Yet my car was leaking coolant pretty good.
Thanks OP! I realize it could be worse.:boink:

Does this shop not test drive ???

Me and my crew will not ever let car truck leave without extensive test drive and 100% confirm fix
After the first come back it is our goal to not see you with this problem again

If we feel some what eeeeehhh about repairs we will ask you to allow my manager drive home and put miles on it to keep this coming back for problems again

This is now pissing me off

This is what I was wondering??

I got the wrong u joint years ago. After I put the old joint back in, I took it to drive line and they hooked it up. I haven't had any problems since. 12+ years

Back
Top Bottom