• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meet Zoid Jr. . . . . . .

I’m so sorry to hear about this loss to your family

Just know that lots of people are praying for you and your family

It is of no consolation to you, but my heart breaks for you. And I'm sorry to say this in your time of bearevment but reading this just makes me want to hug my kids and never let go.

I don't have any words to express how sorry I am, because I cannot imagine it, but my belief is some souls are just too good for this world and God wants them to be with Him. I also believe if we could see him now, with God, we would be ecstatic for him. If you need us we are here, brother.

One month ago today, my world entered into a permanent solar eclipse. I carry hope the sun will shine again one day, but darkness has been winning in overtaking the sunshine . . . . . . Z

=====================================================================

Nate was also quite passionate about his drawing. He was a member of his high school's anime club and would draw and share his artwork with his classmates. By share, I mean he sold his drawings - especially if they were portraits of his classmates, etc.

Dad helped him out a bit by setting up an Etsy shop set up for his creations a while ago. It's has been a while since we had any of his artwork listed, but the site is still there.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/natesanimestudio

https://www.etsy.com/people/NatesAnimeStudio

(Actually, Nate's Etsy site was the precursor to Zoid's Etsy site. Through him, I learned how to create one.)

Not everyone appreciated his artwork. I must admit, I had my moments of doubt also, but through his drawing, Nate touched the hearts of many. Here he is with some of his creations . . . . . .

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8f1.jpg

IMG_20160710_145221.jpg

IMG_20160525_180705.jpg

NATE_20160707_0002.jpg

NATE_20160704_0003.jpg

NATE_20160704_0001.jpg

Are you swearing at that golf ball, Zoid? Or is that the bushing that fell out of ZOID'S1911 because you're holding it funny?

I somehow missed these updates last week...my allergies kinda started acting up as I read that note from Kristina...You and Margie done good, My Friend...damn good!

Other than football, one of Nate's other passions was trains . . . . all things trains. This passion started as a very young boy when Mom and I would take the kids for train rides around Stone Mountain here in Georgia. When Nate was a toddler, he could never make it all the way around the mountain without falling asleep on my shoulder.

My boy really liked trains. It's a good thing that Atlanta is close to Chattanooga where we often visited the Chattanooga Choo Choo museum and all the other railway points of interest they have there (incline railways, live steam locomotives, etc.).

He could sit for hours watching train videos on YouTube . . . . and often did just that.

Nate's passion for trains continued his entire life. He could tell you the assigned number of the train engine just by hearing the horn, whistle, or bell. He knew who the manufacturer was of all the diesel engines. He loved trains so much that when he turned 16, Nate and I started volunteering at the Southeastern Train Museum in Norcross, GA. Nate had the complete train uniform and often went as a train engineer whenever some occasion required him to wear a work uniform or costume (think Halloween). We almost never took a family vacation without scheduling a train excursion or a visit to a railway museum somewhere along the line.

The photo below is Nate in his uniform on one of the many days volunteering at the Southeastern Railway Museum. His favorite volunteer position was that of the Conductor of the "Park Train." The Park Train is one of those small 1/10th size narrow gauge trains that give kids rides around a circular track. The Conductor helps buckle the passengers into their seats, collects tickets, and gives the safety speeches.

Nate especially liked being the Conductor when Dad was the engineer driving the train . . . . . . .

https://www.train-museum.org/volunteer-with-us/

20140628_164048.jpg

upload_2018-2-13_23-47-46.png

upload_2018-2-13_23-48-20.png

upload_2018-2-13_23-48-42.png

(2009-06-27) - Pennsylvania Trip with Uncle Dan 118.JPG

upload_2018-2-13_23-52-20.png

Back
Top Bottom