• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Memphis? Good place to visit?

Terrible place to visit, I think. Had a Trade Show there 3 months ago and three people were shot and killed that week downtown. Cars doing donuts in the middle of town in front of police with no recourse. Not good, sorry. Pyramid (Bass Pro) is a cool venue, so I do agree with that comment but I would drive in and leave when you have seen enough. MHO only, of course.

I would love to go & try some bbq but not worth the life choices one may have to make to visit. Nashville is a bit better but not a whole lot. The new Opry side of town seems safe but downtown I’m not so sure about.
Dropped my wife off at the door of a downtown Nashville pizzeria thinking she would walk in as I didn’t want her waiting for me outside. I found parking 3 blocks away. As I am walking back I get across the street from her & she starts loudly asking if I smell that skunk. This was before the legalization push. The floors above the pizzeria all had balconies & they were having a smoke out while giving me the stink eye. After I got her quiet & we were inside I explained what the smell was but had her stay in the restaurant while I went to get the car. It was sketchy to say the least. This wasn’t the peace & love crowd.

I would love to go & try some bbq but not worth the life choices one may have to make to visit. Nashville is a bit better but not a whole lot. The new Opry side of town seems safe but downtown I’m not so sure about.
Dropped my wife off at the door of a downtown Nashville pizzeria thinking she would walk in as I didn’t want her waiting for me outside. I found parking 3 blocks away. As I am walking back I get across the street from her & she starts loudly asking if I smell that skunk. This was before the legalization push. The floors above the pizzeria all had balconies & they were having a smoke out while giving me the stink eye. After I got her quiet & we were inside I explained what the smell was but had her stay in the restaurant while I went to get the car. It was sketchy to say the least. This wasn’t the peace & love crowd.

Def. need to keep your head on a swivel off the beaten path in Nashville. But if the question is Nashville over Memphis then Nashville wins hands down. We were in Nashville a month ago and had a ball - but are the rough side of Nashville is very apparent when you get a few blocks away from the neon and the bars..

I’d really carefully pick your destination and route in Memphis, and don‘t let the sun fall on you there. I’ve got a couple of customers there around some rough areas.

What do you all think about Memphis? I’ve never been there and wanted to go at the end of December for a little weekend trip. I’ve heard good things about the food there? But I’ve also heard the areas in and around Memphis are high crime and run down? What’s the truth? Is it a good place to go for the weekend? Any recommendations?

We love Charleston, but hated New Orleans. We like Chattanooga, Savanah, Nashville, Bowling Green. Would we like Memphis?

funeral homes they kill them all day all night in Memphis!

Back
Top Bottom