• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mid range optics opinions.

How do you like yours? Is it holding zero so far?
I have multiple Burris XTRII 5-25x50, one XTRIII 3.3-18, and one XTRIII 5.5-30x56. I run these in PRS for multiple years.

I ran my Burris XTRIII 3.3-18 on my PRS22/NRL22 rifle last season until I slammed that first Burris XTRIII 3.3-18 into a barricade, hard, and it shifted zero in a match (tight port, slammed the scope front bell into it). Again, I slammed it hard into a barricade. Sent it to Burris for inspection and got a new XTRIIIi 3.3x18 in return promptly (this was when the XTRIII was discontinued and the XTRIIIi was introduced). The replacement XTRIIIi has had no issues.

I believe the XTRII and XTRIII punch well beyond their price. XTRII glass inferior to the XTRIII glass - but you can find XTRII new for about $600 (maybe less). XTRIII can be found on sale also (especially if you have ExpertVoice).

In no particular order, scopes I'd consider:
1. NF Nx8 2.5-20. Tracks properly. Ok glass. Light and short.
2. Eotech vudu 5-25. Accurate. Ok glass. Very short.
3. Razor gen 2 3-18. Bomb proof. Accurate. Better glass than the top 2. Heavy and not particularly short.
4. NF atacr 4-16. IMO, best scope nf has ever made.
5. ZCO 4-20. Best of the best in all facets. But you pay for it.

I have yet to find a leupold that I've been even remotely impressed with. Then you throw on their pretty consistent tracking issues, and I've come to a hard pass on em.

Certainly other options out there, but these are the first that come to my head.
Hell yeah, I found a razor 3-18 and got it ordered. It addressed the couple things that bug me about my viper ( no zero stop being the main one) with a bigger tube but no increase in weight.

Back
Top Bottom