• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Might be a stupid question about the AR but I'd really like to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a flipper, budget guns are the ones you want. They will provide the best opportunity for a return, sometimes in multiples, when the next scare hits.
The high dollar ARs won't offer this.

That being said, and I know I'm going to start a shyt storm with this, I like older Colt rifles the best of all.

IMO most of the ones you see for around 800 ish are worth about 500 ish. What you plan on doing with it greatly determines the grade of parts you will need. When you look at the higher end ones all of the pieces are about 50 to 75 bucks or more more a piece which starts to add up. You would never want to go full auto on a "budget AR", they just can't handle the abuse and heat. The main thing is making sure it will do what you want it to do.

I don't think any new ARs are worth a ****. Go irons or go home.

i.imgur.com_H3BnH6e.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Amen!

I don't know about AR's but maybe it's this, which I know is true for other products:

The higher-priced ones get INSPECTED more carefully at the factory before they're shipped out. The standards for "passing" QC may be high; a higher percentage of their expensive products may be culled from the herd before any consumer even sees it. This is expensive, and time consuming. And you pay for it in the MSRP of that product.

Cheaper companies may do less Quality Control and trust that if the consumer finds a problem, he will contact the company for warranty work. The company will deal with it later. Kick that can down the road several months, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom