• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mil spec

CSA

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
424   0
Reaction score
I get annoyed lately at people who say their ar's are "mil spec" and they are like dpms' or something. There are no real "mil spec" rifles available to civilians without proper licenses. As long as they are semi auto they are not "mil spec". I guess this ain't a big deal but anyone else feel like this?

I get annoyed lately at people who say their ar's are "mil spec" and they are like dpms' or something. There are no real "mil spec" rifles available to civilians without proper licenses. As long as they are semi auto they are not "mil spec". I guess this ain't a big deal but anyone else feel like this?

If so, Then I guess the whole "there's a difference in the buffer tube dia " is really just a ploy of Barry to get us to buy the wrong shi*!!

What are these licenses? You certainly can purchase a rifle that is either 100% milpec, meaning all of it's parts meet the military specification for testing and/or quality, or individual parts that have been tested to these levels. Milspec is not the pinnacle of quality or quality control, simply the standard by which the military requires it's weapons/parts to meet. You can absolutely purchase a DPMS with a milspec BCG, doesn't make the entire rifle up to milspec.

Again, what license is neccesary to purchase milspec parts or firearms?

- - - Updated - - -

mil spec to me means all the m16 parts will fit except the auto sear.

sorry, but wrong.

Back
Top Bottom