• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mil spec

sorry, but wrong.

heatherclemenceau.files.wordpress.com_2012_07_someone_is_wrong.jpg

I get annoyed lately at people who say their ar's are "mil spec" and they are like dpms' or something. There are no real "mil spec" rifles available to civilians without proper licenses. As long as they are semi auto they are not "mil spec". I guess this ain't a big deal but anyone else feel like this?

I kind of agree with you that "there are no real mil-spec rifles available to civilians". But you can have mil-spec parts on your AR's (mine does).

Definition from American rifleman:

MilSpec Criteria
Here’s the deal, and it’s very simple: Only rifles made for the U.S. military are MilSpec. For more than 50 years and through numerous iterations, experimental models and improved variations, the U.S. military has developed a detailed list of specifications for its service rifle. These “military specifications” are iron-clad.

MilSpec criteria include every aspect of the rifle, from the materials it’s made from to the treatment of those materials, the dimensions of components made from those materials, testing of these parts, wear and durability, accuracy, service life-every excruciating detail is specified.

Finally, and most importantly, a MilSpec rifle is approved by a U.S. government inspector. The inspection process assures that all rifles bought on a government contract meet the MilSpec and a related criteria called “military standard” or MilStd.

Yes parts like buffer tube are mil spec and barrel can be mil spec but the overall weapon to be called mil spec is misnomer.

Yes parts like buffer tube are mil spec and barrel can be mil spec but the overall weapon to be called mil spec is misnomer.
theyre letting you know WHICH type of parts fit. Not telling you its a military weapon. The English language uses the same words for different meanings based on Context... consider this a CONTEXT definition and then you wont need medication for your OCD. :)

What are these licenses? You certainly can purchase a rifle that is either 100% milpec, meaning all of it's parts meet the military specification for testing and/or quality, or individual parts that have been tested to these levels. Milspec is not the pinnacle of quality or quality control, simply the standard by which the military requires it's weapons/parts to meet. You can absolutely purchase a DPMS with a milspec BCG, doesn't make the entire rifle up to milspec.

Again, what license is neccesary to purchase milspec parts or firearms?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, but wrong.

I meant licenses to buy a full auto or three round burst like the military uses. Of course you don't need a license to but a mil spec buffer tube lol

LMFAO

never saw this before, funny as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

theyre letting you know WHICH type of parts fit. Not telling you its a military weapon. The English language uses the same words for different meanings based on Context... consider this a CONTEXT definition and then you wont need medication for your OCD. :)

i thought i was OCD, but WOW

Back
Top Bottom