• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Misinformed LEO?!?!?

silverado31794

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
130   0
Reaction score
While at lunch today I was in standing inline fixin to order an there was a local sheriff deputy standing there (County will not be mention, keep in mind I cover 32 counties for work) beside me, I looked at him an was jokin with him about his belt an his accesories were bigger then him. He laughed an said yea we have to tote this. I looked at his service weapon and I asked him if he was carrying a G22 and he said no its a G17. I said "oh ok so yall havn't went to 40 cals yet" and his reply was " this is a 40 cal". :confused: :noidea:

Sadly many leos only know the laws that they can actually ticket for. I've had cops try to hassel me about my pistol before I was 21 with threats of confiscation and jail time....So I highly doubt some to be completely proficient with their weapon..

While at lunch today I was in standing inline fixin to order an there was a local sheriff deputy standing there (County will not be mention, keep in mind I cover 32 counties for work) beside me, I looked at him an was jokin with him about his belt an his accesories were bigger then him. He laughed an said yea we have to tote this. I looked at his service weapon and I asked him if he was carrying a G22 and he said no its a G17. I said "oh ok so yall havn't went to 40 cals yet" and his reply was " this is a 40 cal". :confused: :noidea:

So that's the end of the story??? I'm curious how you side-stepped that one without making him feel like an ass.

So that's the end of the story??? I'm curious how you side-stepped that one without making him feel like an ass.

Well I told him that a g17 was 9mm then he said if mite be a 19 I said that was also a 9mm. Then he said he didnt know what it was then. And honestly thelook on his face said it all, he didnt really care as long as it had bullets in it. I ordered my food an left I didnt want to get deeper in the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom