• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin on the lathe!

Dude, you and 3 other people have called me and asked if I can do XXXX on a Mosin. I tell them I'd rather not and then you all show up anyway. Your's was the only one I didn't complete and I haven't threaded any except my Obrez. Anyway, your Mosin is a wonderful$150 rifle, leave it that way. They were made out of crap and once you start cutting into that crap you'll encounter problems. In 6 months I've learned about Mosins, they are basically unrefined pot metal. I wouldn't even call it steel. I've hit voids in barrels and receivers as well as chunks of trash I assume is carbon slag. Again, you love your Mosin, don't **** it up by spending $500 on it. It will never be a $500 gun, it just doesn't have the proper genetics.

I'm just gonna hang a sign on my wall that has a big picture of Nate on it with two crossed Mosins under it and his phone number.

I really want to argue with you on this one because it's not about the money, it's more about 'coolness'. Unfortunately, your actual facts and true experiences on all the things that could go wrong outweigh my obsession with russian guns. Dang it.........

You still da' man.

Last edited:
Big difference in lining up a muzzle brake with a die and threading one up for someone to mount a $1000 silencer on. At 10" a Mosin has enough metal all the way around the bore to thread it. Still the best mosin I've ever seen is the ErfurtLuger garage custom I have.:)

We are and I will sing your praises to everyone who wants custom Mosin work done.

When I was lathe shopping, Nate gave me advice to buy a bigger lathe than I did. I ran into why today when someone brought a match barrel to me. Nate, you were right, should have went with a 40 incher...

I hear that my friend!

Just today as well I was all the way at the end of my 40" capacity...

I think it is very cool for 2 business competitors to support each other like you guys are! Kudos to both and best of wishes!

Support each other? I'm going to put Nate out of business by flooding him with Mosin jobs. Nah, Nates a good dude and been a help to me since i started. I don't hesitate to call with questions and he always gives me a reasonable answer.

I really want to argue with you on this one because it's not about the money, it's more about 'coolness'. Unfortunately, your actual facts and true experiences on all the things that could go wrong outweigh my obsession with russian guns. Dang it.........

You still da' man.

I love russian guns too but they worked with what they had and they had crap. The guns did out live the two men they issued them to though.

Back
Top Bottom