• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin on the lathe!

Dude, you and 3 other people have called me and asked if I can do XXXX on a Mosin. I tell them I'd rather not and then you all show up anyway. Your's was the only one I didn't complete and I haven't threaded any except my Obrez. Anyway, your Mosin is a wonderful$150 rifle, leave it that way. They were made out of crap and once you start cutting into that crap you'll encounter problems. In 6 months I've learned about Mosins, they are basically unrefined pot metal. I wouldn't even call it steel. I've hit voids in barrels and receivers as well as chunks of trash I assume is carbon slag. Again, you love your Mosin, don't **** it up by spending $500 on it. It will never be a $500 gun, it just doesn't have the proper genetics.

I'm just gonna hang a sign on my wall that has a big picture of Nate on it with two crossed Mosins under it and his phone number.

I never had problems threading Mosins, I don't know what are you talking about :)

Dude, you and 3 other people have called me and asked if I can do XXXX on a Mosin. I tell them I'd rather not and then you all show up anyway. Your's was the only one I didn't complete and I haven't threaded any except my Obrez. Anyway, your Mosin is a wonderful$150 rifle, leave it that way. They were made out of crap and once you start cutting into that crap you'll encounter problems. In 6 months I've learned about Mosins, they are basically unrefined pot metal. I wouldn't even call it steel. I've hit voids in barrels and receivers as well as chunks of trash I assume is carbon slag. Again, you love your Mosin, don't **** it up by spending $500 on it. It will never be a $500 gun, it just doesn't have the proper genetics.

I'm just gonna hang a sign on my wall that has a big picture of Nate on it with two crossed Mosins under it and his phone number.

I thought we were friends?

I never had problems threading Mosins, I don't know what are you talking about :)

Big difference in lining up a muzzle brake with a die and threading one up for someone to mount a $1000 silencer on. At 10" a Mosin has enough metal all the way around the bore to thread it. Still the best mosin I've ever seen is the ErfurtLuger garage custom I have.:)

I thought we were friends?

We are and I will sing your praises to everyone who wants custom Mosin work done.

When I was lathe shopping, Nate gave me advice to buy a bigger lathe than I did. I ran into why today when someone brought a match barrel to me. Nate, you were right, should have went with a 40 incher...

Back
Top Bottom