Motorcycle graveyards

Anyone know of any motorcycle salvage yards in the Atlanta area? Or auto salvage yards that has a decent amount of bikes?
A buddy of mine has always gone to Willie's Cycles in Alabama. It's one of the best graveyards around for bikes. It's about a hour and twenty minutes from Fayetteville. It's worth the drive though cause this place has about anything you're looking for. If he doesn't have it, he'll try to track it down and get it there for you. Good Luck! The link below is the website.
http://www.williescycle.com/index.html

what are you looking for exactly???

Nothing at this exact moment. Whenever I decide it's too cold to ride this winter, I plan to tear down and have my bike painted. The guy I bought it from had laid it down at low speed. No much damage at all, just some scrapes on the exhaust. And also the tank I'm guessing. He'd put some type of putty in a few places on the side it was laid on, and never sanded the putty. So, untill I tear it down and sand it, I don't know if it a few dents or holes. So I don't know if I'll need a tank or not. Aside from that, maybe a few accs that are in good shape and I could save a buck on. Right now, I'm just trying to source, plan and budget what I want to do.

Bondo and paint won't stick if there is fuel leaking behind it so it should be pretty obvious if its leaking. Salvage yards aren't good places to look for good condition tanks. The good ones go quick/for a premium and the conditions they are stored under (out side, usually open) arent' good for them.

This isnt a bond type putty. Too hard. And there is some bubbling in the paint behind it. That's why I'm thinking there may be holes. And I would imagine the good tanks at a salvage yard would command a premium, but still wouldn't cost as much as new. The tank I may need is $679 new. I'm ok with small, repairable dents. I have a buddy that does body work and could help me fix them. He actually told me it may be weld-able if there are holes in mine. Like I said, it's all just trying to plan it out. I don't want tons of suprise costs keeping me from completing the work on time.

Back
Top Bottom