• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mouse guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I get your point, but it has little to do with what I'm saying. ....the number of people that carry mouse guns because they greatly overestimate their capabilities is probably substantial. Why would a person that can carry and shoot a 9mm effectively (with a just a little more effort and practice) choose to carry a 25? Because they think it will do much more than it can and that is a very poor tactical decision based on false information.

Bear, it has everything to do with what you are saying. The reason a person would choose a .25 over a 9mm has everything to do with personal preference. I don't carry anything smaller than a .38, but that is my preference. My wife will not carry a .38, but she WILL carry a Ruger .22. While the round is not as effective as others, the round will hurt the attacker and may give her an opportunity to escape the potential danger. I would rather she carry a larger round, but at least she carries something. Regardless of the caliber, she is not looking to get into a fire fight. You continue to use examples of a LEO or Military, my wife is neither. She wants to get away from the danger, and a .22, if it hits the target, will hurt. Hopefully, this will give her a chance to get away from the attacker. I don't know why you don't at least consider this as a reason to carry something less than you suggest. BTW, the smaller the handgun, the more the recoil for some. There are 9mm handguns smaller than my wifes .22, but she doesn't like the recoil. So, is it your opinion, she should not carry at all? My wife does not base her opinion on how badass the round is, or the false information that only you keep bringing up. She carries something is her personal preference and she WILL carry that weapon. I am glad she carries, even if it does not fit your opinion of what she should or should not carry.

Obviously. But what's the point of open carrying a pocket gun?

Maybe you should start taking pictures of those who you feel carry the wrong way. Oh wait, CCW probably still has the pictures of men who did not carry like he felt they should. Of course, CCW just liked taking pictures of men's butts.

Maybe you should start taking pictures of those who you feel carry the wrong way. Oh wait, CCW probably still has the pictures of men who did not carry like he felt they should. Of course, CCW just liked taking pictures of men's butts.
I don't care how people carry I'm just making observations on mouse guns as is the topic of the thread. I'm starting to realize now that bypass started this thread and is now banned so obviously some sort of drama has transpired between the cool kids and the senior citizens again but I'm not here for that. As someone who carried a mouse gun for many years and has since swiched to full size I find the topic interesting. Maybe there's a nickel vs stainless revolver thread somewhere you can join in on.

Glad you believe you are one of the "kool kids". Yes, I am a senior citizen. I hope you achieve my age sometime. With me living longer than you have, I just love your opinions, no matter how inane they are. I know you don't love revolvers, and that is fine with me. You complete lack of knowledge on revolvers gives me more opportunities to find them and enjoy them. Glad you have gone to something larger when you carry. You must have size issues. lol

Last edited:
Funny for me 90% of the time I carry a G19. The other 10% it's an LCR 357 of Keltec PF9. I carried a G21 for a long time and now I have went down in size just so I had more rounds.

Reactions: JWC
Sigh, as I said, in the rare circumstances that a person is physically unable to deal with more recoil, they should carry what they can with a full understanding of it's limitations.

As for the 32 Long, I'm not a revolver guy, so I don't keep track of cartridges for them other than the best known ones. After looking up some info on the 32 Long, it doesn't seem to be any better that the 32 ACP, but that is based on the ballistic info from only one source.

:Exasperated Sigh: those instances aren't arms rare as you make them out to be.

Regardless of your particular interpretation, the .380 is considered a mouse caliber. People that practice aren't really going to abuse themselves shooting a gun that's uncomfortable to shoot. That means increasing the firearm's size and weight to make it comfortable or decreasing the caliber to accommodate the size. I'm not going to denigrate an individual for choosing to carry a small caliber regardless of their reasons. That's my biggest issue with your statements. To imply that an individual is not serious about self defense because of their caliber choice is snobbish and misguided at best. To state that unless they train up to a certain caliber by being able to hit a certain percentage with no guide other than accuracy leads me to infer that your understanding of training as it applies to most folks that show an interest in training is superficial. The simple fact that they have chosen to carry impresses me. If they have chosen to carry something that they practice with I'm even more impressed. People are generally pretty smart. If they start off with a mouse gun and continue to train they'll draw their own conclusions about stepping up in gun and caliber. Insulting their intelligence certainly won't get them there.

Statistics back up the claim that caliber is irrelevant when discussing handguns stopping attacks. I've yet to see a single case where the bad guy stopped to check what caliber the potential victim was using before deciding to proceed or leave. As a matter of fact, there was a thread here recently discussing that very thing with data and percentages backing up that very claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom