Moving out of state?

Politics are a secondary issue for me, maybe even farther down the rank of importance. From everything I’ve looked into my taxes would go down, but maybe I’m missing something. State taxes are lower and real estate taxes are way lower. I would be getting a decent raise but the hosing market has similar pricing to my neighborhood, so I can’t see financially where it would be different.

The pot issue is likely short term as more states are legalizing it and the fed is likely not far behind. Like it or not, I don’t think this genie is going back in the bottle.

This is far from a done deal. I have a great job, short commute, and could retire in my current position just fine. I can’t help but consider the same job, just closer to way more of the things I like.

Yeah, I live in Atlanta, city proper, so that will be more of the same for me. Pot smell and liberals anyway, the lower crime rate would be a plus. I do wonder about the weather, but I’ve been watching the forecast and it seems manageable.

I am growing more and more tired of the traffic and the attitudes of people in and around Atlanta. I think the a-holes as a percentage of population has increased dramatically. I don’t know if it’s all the Yankees or what, but the Southern charm is all but gone.
I lived ITP for only two years and couldn't stand it. I'm not homophobic but DAAAMN give me a break already and the liberals are everywhere. I won't even talk about the traffic.... nope my world is now south of I-20; North of I-4; east of I-75 and west of I-95.

My wife is from a small town in Northern TN, where her family owns a good amount of land. I'd love to live there and raise my kids there, and she wants to move back asap, but both of us have careers here that keep us here. We hate this city, the liberals, the traffic, the crime, etc!

We both moved here for our careers 12+ years ago, ( I'm from PA) and we have no family here, just us and our two little boys, we feel so stuck! If you're able to move wherever you want, do it!

I've moved many times. My advice for moving is to start paring down your stuff now. Extra stuff you don't use/need? Get rid of it. If I make another big move, I want to leave here with about as much stuff as it would take to fit out an apartment.

I've been to CO a few times and I love it. That said, when I looked to transfer out there, cost of housing threw me for a loop. Office is between Denver and Boulder. Had no idea it was so expensive in that area.

I've moved many times. My advice for moving is to start paring down your stuff now. Extra stuff you don't use/need? Get rid of it. If I make another big move, I want to leave here with about as much stuff as it would take to fit out an apartment.

I've been to CO a few times and I love it. That said, when I looked to transfer out there, cost of housing threw me for a loop. Office is between Denver and Boulder. Had no idea it was so expensive in that area.

Heh! I live in a 1,000sf house with two kids. We don’t have a lot of excess stuff. In fact, we are looking for a house right now. I don’t want to leave my neighborhood so I’m facing just as high if not higher than Fort Collins home prices. It’s one of the reasons I started thinking of this move, If I’m going to spend 1/2 a mil on a home, I’d like it to be in a place I rrrreally like!

Heh! I live in a 1,000sf house with two kids. We don’t have a lot of excess stuff. In fact, we are looking for a house right now. I don’t want to leave my neighborhood so I’m facing just as high if not higher than Fort Collins home prices. It’s one of the reasons I started thinking of this move, If I’m going to spend 1/2 a mil on a home, I’d like it to be in a place I rrrreally like!

Sounds like you're in good shape to give it a shot then. I lived like a refugee most my adult life and now I've gone a little overboard on crap since having the chance to settle a bit. The path I was taking into talking myself into the CO housing cost was that the whole state looks like a postcard and there's so much public land that I wouldn't mind a smaller place with a smaller lot. Of course I'd miss shooting in my back yard if I did that, but there's a trade off in everything. Have you been out there during the winter?

I have lived in Statham for the last 18 months which is longer than I have lived in any one place for the past 2 decades.

I like it here, but honestly if I got offered a job back in Kurdistan I would be on the next flight.

I have lived in Statham for the last 18 months which is longer than I have lived in any one place for the past 2 decades.

I like it here, but honestly if I got offered a job back in Kurdistan I would be on the next flight.

Off topic but you could probably find work in Irbil.

I am entertaining a job prospect that is out in Colorado only a few miles from Rocky Mountain National Park. It’s both exciting and frightening to think about picking up my family and moving across the country.

While CO wouldn't be my first choice, I'd still do it in a minute.

Colorado is like California-Lite. Pretty liberal and getting more-so,

I like VISITING CO, but wouldn't want to live there.

Take it from a guy that lived in Colorado. You will hate it.
YUP.....CO and their native son, Hickenlooper can pound sand....
https://victorygirlsblog.com/colorado-legislature-wants-to-game-the-electoral-college-because-trump/
https://pagetwo.completecolorado.co...ame-a-gun-criminal-in-my-hometown-of-boulder/
http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/20/the-state-of-colorado-is-still-trying-to-destroy-jack-phillips/
https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Colorado-adopts-stricter-emission-standards--500864101.html
https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/colorado-to-adopt-gender-x-option-on-drivers-licenses/

Western Montana is where it's at...

I have lived in GA for all of my 42 years and my family is from here going back many generations. Dad even recently gave me a photo of his grandfather in front of the Atlanta streetcar he operated back in the 20’s. There are not many of us left, and I have a budding interest in packing up myself.

While I live in the city, I love open country. The closest things I have found to it here are the Okeefenokee and the Cohutta. Both are wonderful places where you can still get lost, but I want more.

I am entertaining a job prospect that is out in Colorado only a few miles from Rocky Mountain National Park. It’s both exciting and frightening to think about picking up my family and moving across the country. Ever since I first went hiking out there, I have dreamed of living there right up next to the Rockies, and now it’s possible.

Who here has packed up and moved to somewhere you’ve only dreamed of? Was it worth it? Did it work out as you thought?

GO!

Back
Top Bottom