• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving Threads to Sections that require permission to access

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want special rules just for you? Thought that’s what your other place was for?
No, I want us normals to be able to post content without having it immediately moved to the private sections. I think that the post I made lasted all of 12 minutes. It didn't even have a chance for anyone to read it and misbehave.

No, I want us normals to be able to post content without having it immediately moved to the private sections. I think that the post I made lasted all of 12 minutes. It didn't even have a chance for anyone to read it and misbehave.

I think it was merged in with the three other threads already open on the same topic in three places. Happens every day.

So so you're saying that you've given up on having useful and intelligent conversations about a half dozen particular topics --or any other thread that somebody comes into and changes the focus of that topic to one that gets it sent to the wasteland?

So the worst among us get a heckler's veto and they can dominate the conversation over in that playground for special-ed kids?

So so you're saying that you've given up on having useful and intelligent conversations about a half dozen particular topics --or any other thread that somebody comes into and changes the focus of that topic to one that gets it sent to the wasteland?

So the worst among us get a heckler's veto and they can dominate the conversation over in that playground for special-ed kids?
Not at all. If a thread gets derailed, we'll do our best to clean it up, within reason. We are not going to manually delete 98 out of 100 posts to keep something that clearly won't stay generic in the general forum (for example). If it BEGINS with a subject that belongs in another forum, it will go there regardless of the desires of the author. If you don't like discussing 'hot topics' in the appropriate forum, then don't start or participate in any.

Keep in mind, the boiler room is designed to keep the boards free of what are considered 'undesirable' topics and content for the majority of users. Most don't come to a gun site to discuss politics, religion, etc. Yet the boards are configured to accommodate as broad an audience as possible, within reason.

This is a non issue. Its not like the forums you're griping about require a paid subscription. Whether or not you opt in to them is totally your choice, but threads that go there are going to get moved there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom