• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving to GA, shipping my guns--what do I need to know?

Thanks. I'm very excited to be a Georgia resident, even more excited my kids are going to grow up in the South and not California. I have felt the sting of infringement, and as you can see, have some deep scars. I will always fight for the right to keep and bear. I've come to learn the biggest enemy to gun owners in CA is fellow gun owners; they never get out and vote, never sign petitions, don't belong to the NRA (and then complain that the NRA isn't doing anything for them)--it's death by complacency. Activism is key to our survival.

Unfortunately, there is nothing gun owners can do in ca. You and they are far outnumbered and common sense is in short supply.

Thanks. I'm very excited to be a Georgia resident, even more excited my kids are going to grow up in the South and not California. I have felt the sting of infringement, and as you can see, have some deep scars. I will always fight for the right to keep and bear. I've come to learn the biggest enemy to gun owners in CA is fellow gun owners; they never get out and vote, never sign petitions, don't belong to the NRA (and then complain that the NRA isn't doing anything for them)--it's death by complacency. Activism is key to our survival.

Complacency kills both at home and on the front of battle. It's an insidious evil.

It's amazing what a few strong willed folks with training, purpose and intent with a common vision can accomplish both good and evil. It's often what separates winners and losers.

A common saying around here is; it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

America's worst crime wave ever experienced was enacted by a handful of female moral busybodies and spineless corrupt politicians which led to the very first federal infringement of our 2A, the 1934 NFA.

We here in Georgia have two strong pro-gun groups, that while they may not agree on everything have often a common interest that serves the public's 2A rights well.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/
http://www.georgiapacking.org/

I'm surprised as large as California is and the huge number of firearm owners there they don't have a more effective home grown 2A support group. I suspect that is not by accident as literate opposing forces will divide and conquer.

Truth be told, most Americans don't really comprehend just what a "right" truly is nor it's purpose and intent for if they did they would be pissed.

Unfortunately, there is nothing gun owners can do in ca. You and they are far outnumbered and common sense is in short supply.

With what the left has been allowed to do to individual rights in Kommifornia, I totally understand giving up on them. When the middle roaders and right leaning citizens demand their rights back, threaten the election of leftist puppets and organize into a political block change will occur but for the time being that doesn't appear to be occurring.

Henry Ford had a saying; "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."

Sam Adams had a good quote too:

" It does not take a majority to prevail but rather a tireless minority keen to set brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -S. Adams

I saved this quote as it has served me well through some difficult moments that I'll share:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. -Teddy Roosevelt

Bring them with you..if you ship to FFL, they have to log them in, which means they have to log them out to you and you have to do 4473's all over again and you can't get them out of FFL until you have valid Georgia issued ID with an address..so until you establish a Ga. address your guns will be in limbo and you will be without.
Avoid any crazy states like Illinois and such ..if you can go Cal. to Az to NM to Tx then across Ok, AR. Tn into Ga you should have no prob. all are gun friendly for transporting in your vehicle.

Congratulations on getting the hell out ot there
tmp_26083-1996-escape-from-la-poster1-1026612808.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I've decided to fly with the guns. It should all pack down into 3 Pelican 1750s. Expensive, but still cheaper (and probably overall easier) than shipping. Here goes nuthin!

When you get here you will become addicted to this site and enjoy not being an outcast. Welcome back to the real United States and not the imposter west coast.

When shipping household goods via truck/common moving services, I thought the taller, wardrobe boxes were specifically designed for this purpose! Pack a few inside with your hanging clothes, tape the boxes really well, and watch them get loaded onto the moving van and make sure you are there for unloading upon arrival in GA. Sounds simple to me, but might not be the most legit method.

Most moving companies will NOT take them... doesn't mean you can't do it anyway, but I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom