• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving violation record

I'm home doing research, apparently it happens all the time, drops from 55mph around blind curve to city limits and 40mph.
I wonder how much it would cost to put a bill board outside city limits north and south of town, "Speed trap ahead"
Cop was unshaven, uniform wrinkles like he just rolled out of bed.
Can't even pay it online. You have to send in a money order.
The traffic court is in the police department building.
Interesting.
FYI I was joking about giving him cash
Was going to say, if you gave a cop in Benton cash, you have heard the last of it. Speeding traps and running their one redlight have been revenue sources for years since the day when Whitey Ramsey ran the town as Sherriff. Judge White was going to have a Woodstock type festival on his farm and the Sherriff locked him up. Polk county has a sordid history. In my youth I lived the next county over and there was a sign at the line warning colored people (it was how the sign was worded) not to be there after dark.

I hate driving thru all the speed traps on 411. The speed limit changes every 1/2 mile.

When we go to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge we go to Blue Ridge then thru the Nantahala Gorge to Cherokee and across. Nice drive.

I’ve had the opposite happen. I went to court in a podunk GA county for a speeding ticket and the judge said “doesn’t seem like you, you have a perfect driving record other than one seatbelt ticket way back”.

I really do have a good record but there are definitely a few (maybe 3) 10-20mph over tickets in the last 10 years.

Benton has been a trap for years , especially if your not from Tenn.
My family is from Etowah Tn. I can remember riding with my mom every Sunday from Blue Ridge to Etowah to visit my grandparents. Benton PD was bad then. My dad was pulled over and told the reason for the stop was he had a Georgia Plate. My dad worked for GSP. My father drove off and left the officer standing on the side of the road. When we travel up that way I’m always 10 under the speed limit.

Back
Top Bottom