• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MP5 clone GUNSMITH

FreedomUSMC

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
22   0
Reaction score
I have a Zenith Z5K with a stubby barrel and want it converted to a tri-lug.

I saw photos on a forum where a gunsmith (https://sandharms.com/gunsmithing/) attached a threaded adapter to the existing barrel. It looked factory. Can anyone here do this?

Photo of a welded on tri-lug:

Capture.JPG

Barrel swapping isn't easy on the MP5 platform. I remember Bypass wanting to swap out some uears ago and Dobbs explained why it wasn't worth it.

I'm seeing the cost is around $370 plus the barrel. I guess I could sell and buy one with the tri-lug. But seeing there's a welding option, thought I'd ask here before selling.

Jeff (ghilliebear) at Parabellum combat systems is who I'd contact for pricing. I would only swap barrels if you're going to use a can, no weld on 3 lug. He has a Facebook account but I don't see a website. Google the company and you'll find plenty of info.

I'm seeing the cost is around $370 plus the barrel. I guess I could sell and buy one with the tri-lug. But seeing there's a welding option, thought I'd ask here before selling.
I had a HK 94 I was gonna SBR and 3 lug it but nobody would touch it to do that. So I sold the 94 and bought a gun with the 3 lug already in place by the factory.

Jeff (ghilliebear) at Parabellum combat systems is who I'd contact for pricing. I would only swap barrels if you're going to use a can, no weld on 3 lug. He has a Facebook account but I don't see a website. Google the company and you'll find plenty of info.

I do have a can. I may just send it too the gunsmith I mentioned in the OP.

Barrel swapping isn't easy on the MP5 platform. I remember Bypass wanting to swap out some uears ago and Dobbs explained why it wasn't worth it.

IIRC the biggest issue is headspace on the barrel swap with MP5s, ergo the higher cost. Pressing off the sight, pressing out the pin, pressing the old barrel out and the new barrel in, checking headspace, etc.

Would you consider having the barrel threaded then using a 3-lug adapter? It won't look as good as factory, but it'll work.

IIRC the biggest issue is headspace on the barrel swap with MP5s, ergo the higher cost. Pressing off the sight, pressing out the pin, pressing the old barrel out and the new barrel in, checking headspace, etc.

Would you consider having the barrel threaded then using a 3-lug adapter? It won't look as good as factory, but it'll work.

Problem is the barrel is very short so it can't be threaded.

48381558_1307649939375357_2576569568273104896_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom