• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mr. green jeans experience while hunting.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So my buddy and I went turkey hunting at a certain WMA last weekend.
The gate was closed so we walked a mile in on foot and a mile out.
While loading the truck upon leaving Mr green jeans pulled in rather quickly.
He was super nice right off the start and asked if we saw any turkey or hogs.
Nah.....then he told us about the 50 hogs he saw in another area of the WMA.
He asked if we had our hunting licenses and we both pulled them out.
He said he just checks everyone s but he’s very fair to people.

Mine was fine because Inhad the combo fishing and hunting which includes WMA this year.....but my buddy, who didn’t do what I told him went to a sports shop and they picked what he needed but didn’t know what they were doing so they basically did not get him the correct option for WMA.
The warden knew it was an honest mistake and just gave him a written warning and was super cool about it.
My buddy went straight back there and got it taken care of and told the shop to get
Their act together but he also said it was his own fault for not doing the proper research.

Anyways the warden was super cool as was my experience with every warden I ran across in the NG mountains.

He didn’t even check our shotguns for plugs and count shells.
We were both unloaded during the whole walk anyways.

Your doing it wrong. You're supposed to scream that you are a "sovereign citizen" and address him only as "bunny cop"!

I've yet to meet an unprofessional warden. I'm also not an asshat and don't break game laws but that's probably an inconsequential coincidence.

For the most part most of them are easy to deal with! All of my experiences but one have been good. The one that sucked I was hunting and people start target shooting real close to me on an archery only area on some corp property. I could hear bullets flying through the woods not far from me. I called DNR out to hopefully deal with them. He pulls up and tells me it's a corp of engineer problem not his and that I need to call them on Monday. He did tell me if I find somebody hunting over corn to let him know. :doh:

For the most part most of them are easy to deal with! All of my experiences but one have been good. The one that sucked I was hunting and people start target shooting real close to me on an archery only area on some corp property. I could hear bullets flying through the woods not far from me. I called DNR out to hopefully deal with them. He pulls up and tells me it's a corp of engineer problem not his and that I need to call them on Monday. He did tell me if I find somebody hunting over corn to let him know. :doh:

The lakes down here belong to the corp of engineer also, but the DNR are constantly stopping boaters at random, in hopes of arresting someone for BUI.
They don't pay much attention to all the other boating laws that are broken, they would rather harass those who are not blatantly breaking the law.
I don't frequent these lakes very often anymore due to the LE harassment.

The lakes down here belong to the corp of engineer also, but the DNR are constantly stopping boaters at random, in hopes of arresting someone for BUI.
They don't pay much attention to all the other boating laws that are broken, they would rather harass those who are not blatantly breaking the law.
I don't frequent these lakes very often anymore due to the LE harassment.
The funny thing is these people were still shooting when he arrived, he said it's a corp problem because it's their rules not the states.

The funny thing is these people were still shooting when he arrived, he said it's a corp problem because it's their rules not the states.

I wasn't aware that the State of Georgia passed a law for "Terry Stops" and No firearms on the lakes?:confused: They don't have a problem enforcing that.:shocked:

The biggest problem this country has with Law Enforcement, is those enforcing the law, know very little about the law. :shocked:
Either that or they are a bunch of Low Rent Constitution Violating Members of the Blue Line Mafia.:wacko:

I try to stay off of government controlled property as much as possible.

Take your pick.:becky:

Back
Top Bottom