• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Muddy River Tactical - Issue

lesgobrandon

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
I wanted to take time to mention Muddy River, and an issue I had with an order. I ordered two, both kydex, one of which had an issue. I tried to correct it by myself, to no avail.

I went to their site, and sent an email explaining what happened. Now, I fully expected to hear back in 1... 2... 3 business days.

No...

I heard back within the hour, maybe even 20 mins from sending my email. It wasn't a customer service center... it wasn't even one person they might have hired for answering customers.

It was Kevin Mason... the guy who owns the company. There was no back and forth, he included an RMA, asked for it back to take a look. I did so the next day, and had the holster back in a couple of days, issued fixed.

Now I had already bought 4 holsters from them, for different guns, different applications... this was another 2, and the first time one had an issue.

This whole experience has cemented my loyalty to this man and his company. He's a small, American business... products are made here.

He has my business.

It's good 👍

Attachments

• 17075824484015400640308794243968.jpg
    17075824484015400640308794243968.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 12
I’ve bought 3 leather IWB holsters from them. Note that the muzzle end is sometimes cut 1/2” to 1” short.

Knowing that has happened I ordered (for a 1911 Officers) a Commander length holster and what showed up was indeed way too short for a Commander but exactly what I wanted for my Colt Officers, it terminates 1/8” past the muzzle.

IMG_2323.jpeg

Fast forward want a leather mag holster. No choice in 1911 version so in order and the Officers mag has about 2 inches sticking above the belt line, would have been much higher if it was a Commander/Government mag. I tried it for a week but it was too ****ed so I emailed stating I’d be willing to keep this if I can PAY again and he make the mag ride lower compared to the belt clip. He said he couldn’t do that (are they made offshore and he has no control?) so I returned the unusable mag holster and I’ve been carrying my spare mag in my pocket and unload it each week to clear any minor lint.

Good company, but just know they cut the muzzle end short on leather can’t custom make anything.

Back
Top Bottom