• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Multiple Home Mortgage Question

Get a HELOC. Buy the house you want and if rates go down refi. Marry the house and date the mortgage. Waiting until values go down (if and when they do) and the existing properties you own will also go down. Lots of folks sitting on the sidelines waiting for the market to collapse and it hasn’t.
Yeah, short of a catastrophic economic disaster, I do not see a market crash happening and with already owning 2 properties, I’m better off selling and buying now. Rates can always be refinance.

Unless you can afford to buy and have 3 properties at once, I'd sell at least one then buy the other. Then when you get established where you want, sell the other. I would hate to try and get a new loan at this time though

Take a look at the associated taxes with selling a second home. My aunt and uncle wound up having to move to their lake house for two years to establish residence because of the taxes that it would cost by selling their second home that they owned for over 30 years.
Yeah, we moved into the lake house as our primary residence to avoid some taxes as it is the higher priced of the 2 homes. I guess the smart thing would be to sell Lake house now, move back in mcdonough house for 2 years and then sell. But I just don’t see us living in mcdonough again for any length of time.

Yeah, we moved into the lake house as our primary residence to avoid some taxes as it is the higher priced of the 2 homes. I guess the smart thing would be to sell Lake house now, move back in mcdonough house for 2 years and then sell. But I just don’t see us living in mcdonough again for any length of time.
Can’t blame you there.

what part of Sinclair? My folks are selling there house down there as well.

Back
Top Bottom