• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Musclecars on the ODT.

Yeah 97 cobra. I know it's an easy fix. Just replacing the little gear in the trans but I just don't have time to deal with it. I'm only in GA ever 2 weeks. The exhaust parts I had put on Monday were sitting in the trunk of the car for over a year haha.

Yeah 97 cobra. I know it's an easy fix. Just replacing the little gear in the trans but I just don't have time to deal with it. I'm only in GA ever 2 weeks. The exhaust parts I had put on Monday were sitting in the trunk of the car for over a year haha.

Bahaha! What kind of exhaust? Man I tried every damn exhaust known to man on my last mustang.. My top two Favorites by far were Bassani Off road X-pipe and Bassani Street comp system and Off road X pipe with Borla XR1 mufflers

I have a bbk h pipe, had flows on there that were just left open after the muffler b/c couldn't fit tail pipes b/c of my 315 tire so it was a pretty loud drone sounding car. those were replaced with Thrush welded mufflers with turn downs. Much better sounding. Plus one of my flows baffles broke loose so it was rattling round in the muffler so I had to find a quick cheap fix with the thrush mufflers but it turned out pretty good. I will say my favorite xpipe sounding exhaust with the DOHC is the bassani off road x and the Borla's. My next exhaust mod will be some long tubes. They aren't expensive but install of them is. I would try but from all I've read, with my motor the easiest way to install is the drop the whole kmember and motor and lift the car off the engine...too much work for me right now.

I have a bbk h pipe, had flows on there that were just left open after the muffler b/c couldn't fit tail pipes b/c of my 315 tire so it was a pretty loud drone sounding car. those were replaced with Thrush welded mufflers with turn downs. Much better sounding. Plus one of my flows baffles broke loose so it was rattling round in the muffler so I had to find a quick cheap fix with the thrush mufflers but it turned out pretty good. I will say my favorite xpipe sounding exhaust with the DOHC is the bassani off road x and the Borla's. My next exhaust mod will be some long tubes. They aren't expensive but install of them is. I would try but from all I've read, with my motor the easiest way to install is the drop the whole kmember and motor and lift the car off the engine...too much work for me right now.

I'm running an X-pipe with 2" exhaust to thrush non turbos which are basically the same as flow master 40's.
They dump before the rear axle.
They sound really good especially wide open but at read lights I have an incredible drone sound so I want to take the exhaust all the way to the rear bumper but not sure if I will still have the drone but I'm sure it will be better since it won't be bouncing off of the ground under the car.

Either that or I can just find another set of muffs that don't drone at idle.... Any suggestions?

Bahaha! What kind of exhaust? Man I tried every damn exhaust known to man on my last mustang.. My top two Favorites by far were Bassani Off road X-pipe and Bassani Street comp system and Off road X pipe with Borla XR1 mufflers
you ever tried PYPES x pipe with stainless violators...bad ass !http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noq4ZSdj2pg i was running a 347 stroker with an X cam

Last edited:
I wish I still had 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback that I bought in 1968. I built the 289 into factory HiPo with all Ford parts, headers, dual exhaust, and traction bars. It was very fast, won a bunch of races with it.
My current muscle car is a 1999 Firebird Formula with LS1 and only 54K miles.

I have hopes of building my 56 Chevy BelAir one day with a built 400 small block.

I wish I still had 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback that I bought in 1968. I built the 289 into factory HiPo with all Ford parts, headers, dual exhaust, and traction bars. It was very fast, won a bunch of races with it.
My current muscle car is a 1999 Firebird Formula with LS1 and only 54K miles.

I have hopes of building my 56 Chevy BelAir one day with a built 400 small block.
thats cool(56 was my dads first hot rod) not to many left!

I'm running an X-pipe with 2" exhaust to thrush non turbos which are basically the same as flow master 40's.
They dump before the rear axle.
They sound really good especially wide open but at read lights I have an incredible drone sound so I want to take the exhaust all the way to the rear bumper but not sure if I will still have the drone but I'm sure it will be better since it won't be bouncing off of the ground under the car.

Either that or I can just find another set of muffs that don't drone at idle.... Any suggestions?
magna flows or spin techs,or PYPES race pros.... the sound waves are bouncing back onto the floorboards giving that bassy dronning.run them out the side or to bumper and that will dramatically be reduced and still sounds cool.

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpg88 misubishi starion with a small block 400HP 350 called the MONSTABISHI and the 78/25th anniversary Indy pace car #245

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom