• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

Fyi, my friend did the same thing with his bodyguard .380, dropped mag, slid back to clear and it slammed forward and went off.... Coweta Co. Sheriff Dpt kept the gun and checked it out... they had some dummy rounds show a dent on the primer when they pulled the slide back and let it go.... hmmmm......

He's had 3 operations and they took bone from his hip... he seems fine now. Told S&W to keep it. They did a recall to my knowledge on the same model he had.

ps, i was onsite when he did it, it looked like a bloody hose was spraying everywhere..... i just took my shirt off and wrapped it up and called 911.

Glad to hear you're doing better. I show your pictures to others all of the time, to remind them that you have to be extra careful. I know it has helped me and my family to be extra diligent with safety. It also has made a few change what brand of ammo they carry.

To be fair the critical defense did exactly what it was supposed to do. I now carry a 9 mm with gold dot and some halo point ammo mixed every other round. When u carry my 45 it's just plain ol ball ammo. I don't think it's necessary to carry anything else in 45. I'm glad I could help keep your minds on safe handling of a firearm. Safety is paramount and the firearm is only as safe as the individuals hands it's in.

well winter is right around the corner and my hand keeps reminding me of the changing weather. its like some of the worst arthritis i have ever felt. i have arthritis in both hands but the gunshot definitely made it far worse in the left hand. i still am finding little things that are far more difficult to do. with out a doubt the most annoying is receiving change at the drive through window. that **** falls through the missing finger hole every damn time lol. all in all im doing well all things considered, thanks again for all the support ODT

Mom and I will be there Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you guys and the boys. We need to do some taret shoting while we are there.
Sorry the hand is bothering you, wish I could say it will get better.

I've been following your thread. I know you probably have more than enough peeps wishing you well , but I'm adding my prayers also.
My father, a very wise and knowledgeable man when it came to firearms, told me when I was young that safety was always a virtue when it come to guns. He also said ( when I was around 18-20yrs old) that as much as we handle guns, ammo etc., that one day I would have an accidental discharge. The odds are just too great against you. " chances are you will shoot a hole in your ceiling, floor, wall or somewhere. Just make sure you always had the muzzle pointed away from you, safe place etc., and God forbid never assume a gun was unloaded. You know....all the safety stuff. Over and over, we heard that our whole life.
Well, I did. Shot a hole in the dash of my truck one afternoon. Racked a CZ-75 and BLAM ! Scared the piss outta me. Fortunately no one was injured, never found the projectile...somewhere buried among the metal and plastic. That was about 15 yrs after he told me I would but I remembered it immediately!
Im glad yours didn't injured your son or you more severe than it did, that goes without saying. Your thread is a great piece model for safety...you are brave for posting. Godspeed on your continued recovery.....I'm just another ODT guy, wishing you well.

Last edited:
I've been following your thread. I know you probably have more than enough peeps wishing you well , but I'm adding my prayers also.
My father, a very wise and knowledgeable man when it came to firearms, told me when I was young that safety was always a virtue when it come to guns. He also said ( when I was around 18-20yrs old) that as much as we handle guns, ammo etc., that one day I would have an accidental discharge. The odds are just too great against you. " chances are you will shoot a hole in your ceiling, floor, wall or somewhere. Just make sure you always had the muzzle pointed away from you, safe place etc., and God forbid never assume a gun was unloaded. You know....all the safety stuff. Over and over, we heard that our whole life.
Well, I did. Shot a hole in the dash of my truck one afternoon. Racked a CZ-75 and BLAM ! Scared the piss outta me. Fortunately no one was injured, never found the projectile...somewhere buried among the metal and plastic. That was about 15 yrs after he told me I would but I remembered it immediately!
Im glad yours didn't injured your son or you more severe than it did, that goes without saying. Your thread is a great piece model for safety...you are brave for posting. Godspeed on your continued recovery.....I'm just another ODT guy, wishing you well.

Thanks brother. It's definitely been a life changing experience. I would say it's made me stronger and more cautious.

Back
Top Bottom