• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 87 Cutty

From Wikipedia
This family consisted of:

How bout the Pontiac Lemans ? :)
43db5075c8b299d5a647719c6e82aba2.jpg

87 was the last year, wasn't it? I mean for the G body RWD models. I had a step uncle that bought the Hurst Olds version new. But by then it was basically just a sticker set and a few badges on a regular Cutlass. Probably my favorite thing about the Olds cars from back then and earlier was their rally wheels. Some of the best looking ( yet hard to get clean) factory wheels ever.

Oh yeah, don't drive that car anywhere near Macon. The thugs will literally kill for that style Cutlass/ Monte Carlo.
2dd89f0755ee5e61f7e4a957ab948f18.jpg

these will be on there.

Original Parts Group will have a lot for that model. Might be worth a look. Also, that 307 engine might be hard to get rebuild parts for. Although Oldsmobile used a basic block and changed out crank and rods with appropriate pistons to build larger displacement engines. (Just a thought).

Very Cool car! I had built one with a 406 small block attached to 700R4.

Also known as a G-Body style from GM it has lots of interchangeable parts from other models and years.

What ever you do, I don't think you could go wrong.

From Wikipedia:
1987 was the final year for the rear-wheel drive sedan, and both coupe models received a restyled header panel with composite headlights. A Buick 231 was the base motor alongside the Oldsmobile 307. For its final year, the 442 package was moved to the Supreme model.

1988 was the final year for the rear-wheel drive Cutlass Supreme. It was badged Cutlass Supreme Classic, and 27,678 were built.[5] The 2-door coupe (produced alongside the Chevrolet Monte Carlo at GM's Pontiac, Michigan plant) continued, until the new front-wheel drive version was released in December 1987. The Olds 307 was the only available engine.
This^^^

Also note, 88's were the only year of the fugly Euro front end. Most can be identified by the grill. The pattern of them dictate year....if original. 83' being my favorite.

Also, if you are pulling that 307 out, don't waste any money on it unless you want it all original (I see no value add). 307's are very low output, horrid fuel economy, and do not sound that great with exhaust. There are little to no performance parts for it, nor could the block/crank/rods with stand much more the the lousy power they make. Installing a SBC would not be a big ordeal. The K member in those cars have holes in them to accommodate nearly all SB GM V8's, even the old ****ty 301 Pontiac motors. Bolting in

My advice would be, to keep it simple, just get a used or rebuild 350 and 700r4 with a shift kit. Would have way better power potential and parts availability. The overdrive would help on the highway as well since those cars rear ends are in the low 2.xx I believe.

I favor a lowered car with TTII's (although it will ruin the great ride quality those things have). They look great dropped and with this combo. I had an 86' with 17" TTII's but sold it for profit. Had I kept it, I would have definitely lowered it.

One of the best looking 80's cars IMHO.

Below is my old 86'

upload_2017-2-3_18-9-40.png

upload_2017-2-3_18-10-8.png

Back
Top Bottom