• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first remington mosin nagant.. Thoughts on it.

Thank you sir. I will be ordering one of these tonite.

Call them first, your gun has a hex receiver. Most 91/30's used a round receiver. Also, with the shortened barrel the stock and handguard pictured will be longer than the barrel.

Feels like a 30-06 and shoots a flame about 3' in front of it.

I disagree with the 30-06 comparison. I had a Savage 110 in 30-06 that had some nice recoil. Couldn't shoot more than 12 rounds or so without being pretty tender the next day. With mosins, I've shot several rounds in 91/30's and m44's without much discomfort. The short barrel on that remington will make a nice fireball. I think it's a cool piece, and will look great if you fix it up!

WOW, NWs you never cease to amaze me. Just curious is it loud ? and might they benefit from flash suppression ? Dude you find some crazy stuff

To heck with all that noise. Can you say SBR?

4.bp.blogspot.com__RvBzIEfnCJU_SblNVoXCPFI_AAAAAAAAAv0_c4fIAoc8KIw_s400_SBR_nagant.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v283_WikingSS_tacMosin_1.jpg

Or better yet, Mosin Pistol! (Although technically it would still be a SBR)

[Broken External Image]:

Ok fellas after getting my hands on it yesterday it isn't as bad as I thought. The corner of the stock is broken but I can fix that. The front sight is uglier than sin,but I have been working on polishing the bolt and it is true you can polish a turd. I shall be posting pics soon.

That thing looks exactly like one I traded here a couple of months ago. It's the second one I've had cut down with that front sight. Any idea who made/sporterized them? They were just too similar to be some bubba job, unless it was the same bubba.

Back
Top Bottom