• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My high school ride. Real close to anyway.

I love it. I always wanted one of those. Same body style ( real dang close ) as the Road Runner.
Mine was like the base car for the 69 Super Bee.
images (1).jpeg

Me too. Mine was. 66 Dodge Dart.
A 66 can be a beautiful ride if it's done right. The right color and the right wheels and tires and I would love to have one. It looks real close to my all time favorite 60's body style the Plymouth Sport Fury ll. Short wheel base like the dart. Excellent set up for the track. A 408 stroker with a 200 HP shot of nitrous and I would rule the streets. Of course, It would almost certainly need a FI TECH self learning fuel injection system on it for drivability and squeeze every bit of gas milage out of it.

I have a 71 Dart with a 3:55 sure grip 8.75. I have a 360 and a 727 for it. It's been sitting for about 16 years without the motor or trans installed. I also have a 75 Cordoba with a built 440 magnum built 727 and a 9.25 3:55 sure grip. All the body work was done, drivetrain installed but nothings been hooked up. Been sitting also for 16 years. I will eventually get around to them. :cool::cool::cool:

The way I found mine was a very cool story. In the little town that I lived in there was no possibility of finding anything worth the darn there so we went to Wichita Falls for the day to look for cars. I ran to every sports car there was Camaros Trans Ams Mustang GTs all of those and my mom was in no mood to see me in a v8 car. We stopped into a little mom and pop owned lot and looked around and couldn't find anything. It was right beside a Dodge Chrysler Plymouth dealership. My father said this was the last stop we're making because we had been out all day looking and didn't find anything. I looked over at the side of the dealership next to us and low and behold this white car pulls up. It was a sharp looking car and I made a beeline straight for it. I walked over and started to walk around and take a look at it. The guy had just got done restoring it and it was beautiful. The paint was fresh you could tell he put the rallies on there and the exhaust tips just had very tasteful Chrome tip duels. The inside was awesome. He had taken Diamond tuck bucket seats out of something and put in place of the bench seat and the inside was clean and neat a pin. This car had just been restored so it was magnificent. While I was looking at the car because it had a for sale sign in the window, I heard him talking to the salesman. The salesman told him all we can offer you for it right now is $700. After the guy had walked away from the salesman I walked up to him and asked him how much for your car. He replied well I'm asking $2,500 for it. Well I had my heart set on that car and it was an awesome deal. My parents said we have to go home and think about it overnight and we got the guys information and went back to Frederick. The guy ended up taking $2,000 for it and we went as picked up the car the next day. Guys I was in hog heaven. Everybody loved that car including my best friend. Gas was $1.00 a gallon so on 10 dollars we could cruise all night. Man we had some good times in that car. It's just a neat a story I though I would share. The way it just fell in my lap. $2000 bought a lot of car back then.

I have always wanted a Dart. I have put a lot of thought into a dart. Painted medium-dark blue with a white stripe around the trunk and rear quarters about 10 inches from the rear of the car. Honeycomb Rallies stock width in front and have the rear wheels widened to 10 inches for some big meats in back. Exhaust dumping right before the rear tire. Then put a 408 stroker motor 550 horse, 500 ft. lbs. torque. With a 3:55 rear gear ratio. Do my thing with the nitrous and freaking own the street. 2800 lbs. of asphalt chewing demon.
My nephew and I restored this one and dropped the 427 in it with 3 dueces on top. It will get some of that "yonder".
473c2562a78540342bebc25d22cfea10.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine had bought a 66 Ford Galaxy, I believe it was, with a 390 in it for @ $500. It ran great. He had it a little while and got/ bought his parents @ 69/70/71 Dodge Dart with a 318. He hot rodded it up, it looked good. But darned if I'd given up that 390 for a 318.

Back
Top Bottom