• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My MidLifeMobile

righton.jpg

Okay I'll be picking up this cream puff on Sunday in Perry after I get 4 new tires on it. Been trying to score a ragtop most of my adult life and something always went wrong. And since I've had 2 other K cars in recent years I feel pretty good about this one even though it's an 85. It has to make it about 180 miles back down 341 to Darien and be my daily driver for a few months until I can find something newer . Then it becomes a project. Like repaint in any other color than black and new carpet, upholstery etc.
Anyway damn the torpedoes and whatnot. It's a palm trees and ocean breeze kinda car. So I'm all over it.
BLACK K'S MATTER

A friend of mine still has a k car convertible on his bucket list. I prefer the Charger and the Omni turbo from the same period.
The Omni turbo is a rare item these days. But I can't stand the looks of a 4 door hatch. When I lived in Broward County from 88 to 90 I drove a rented 8( LeBaron ragtop. It was the newer kinda TBird shaped model. It was fun to cruise the strip in Ft Lauderdale and A1A with the top down. But I think over the years the older K car based models held up better.

Black's a fine color, I've had an Acura 3.2 CL-S, MB CLK 55AMG and an 05 GTO, all in black, they all looked great.

The Omni turbo is a rare item these days. But I can't stand the looks of a 4 door hatch. When I lived in Broward County from 88 to 90 I drove a rented 8( LeBaron ragtop. It was the newer kinda TBird shaped model. It was fun to cruise the strip in Ft Lauderdale and A1A with the top down. But I think over the years the older K car based models held up better.
There's one on Craigslist that has been listed on and off for over a year. It's down to 4900 at the moment. It's a decent car, but I don't have a use for it.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/1985-dodge-omni-glh-turbo/6315802175.html

Back
Top Bottom