• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need A Mechanic 1965 Mustang Needs Motor Work

im not an F guy. but its common to goof the headgaskets on some
of those motors. sometimes you have to flip one over when you
install it. my brother once bought a F motor aftermarket that
had the headgasket on backwards. it smoked and overheated.

my thing is you said its been rebuilt. but any guy thats rebuilt
more than one should already know to flip the gasket over

idk man,hard to tell really how deep the stink hole goes

gl with it hope it works out for ya
Thanks Man

I had issues with my 68 doing that after going from a 289 to 302 to allow for power steering. Had to beef up the radiator, forgot where I got it from. Then realized I did the radiator backwards after I installed by doing the paper test.

After that had no issues. Until I flipped it.

I had issues with my 68 doing that after going from a 289 to 302 to allow for power steering. Had to beef up the radiator, forgot where I got it from. Then realized I did the radiator backwards after I installed by doing the paper test.

i could see that. Mines no power steering and it has the transmission cooler lines at the bottom and it's pulling air to the motor. But Thanks Man

Wait... What??? I'm no mechanic but "You did it backwards" so you flipped the car? Shouldn't you have flipped the car if you put it in upside down??? :)

Looks like if the water pump intake is on the drivers side, theres a 50/50 chance the guy put on the wrong pump. If its on the passenger side, then we know you're good to go.

Back
Top Bottom