• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a soundproof wall.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I need an existing wall turned into a serious soundproof wall. Professional level, not just a little sound absorption.

Does anyone know anyone that can do this?

I dont know anything about it but kind of curious…. You want to sound proof 1 out of 4 (?) walls and expect that to work to a professional level ?
I would think sound would travel around your ”dead” wall via 1, 2, or 3 of the other walls or doors to still be audible behind the intended dead wall.

My mom just took me to the basement to beat me. I guess she though the neighbors wouldn't hear me plead for my life. That woman could dish out some serious ass whoopins. They still haunt me to this day. I hope I go to heaven cause that woman was hell on earth. Lord have mercy!

Sound doesn't work that way. Seeming like you need a floated, soundproof room. That's fat stacks of cash.
There is a way to deaden sounds without too much expensive effort. If it's just one wall, all another layer of sheetrock with just enough long screws to secure them (i.e., don't screw the wallboard in on every stud every 8-12". A couple in the middle and then on the corners and middles between the corners. Tape, mud and sand. The completed layer has a very small gap in most places where sound doesn't directly transmit to the inner wallboard and studs as much. Did this in an old house and seemed to work pretty good since I couldn't (didn't want to) rip out the first layer and add insulation batts....

Ya know.. they sell specially-made sound-dampening drywall.
Cool... Looking at a picture of some (one variation) seems to show two separated layers of drywall in one sheet, some stuck together with a polymer glue, some not. Still seems to me just a modern variation on adding another layer of drywall with minimal screws. The basic concept is the same - minimize direct transmission as much as possible.

1648916750149.png

Back
Top Bottom