• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a soundproof wall.

Tell them to stay at a hotel.

Just kidding.

If you're willing to rip out drywall, pretty easy to place acoustic batts.

Sound resonates through dense/solid materials, the thicker the material the less resonance penetration. As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, dedicated sound deadening panels are the way to go - east to install as a DIY project. The individual that mentioned a free standing structure is spot on, if you are truly going after a "sound proof" environment, a free standing / isolated structure is really the only way to go...IMHO

Cool... Looking at a picture of some (one variation) seems to show two separated layers of drywall in one sheet, some stuck together with a polymer glue, some not. Still seems to me just a modern variation on adding another layer of drywall with minimal screws. The basic concept is the same - minimize direct transmission as much as possible.

View attachment 4148700
I would build a wall in front of the 1st one with an air gap and use this product.

When we built the indoor smallbore range at my highschool in 1981, we covered the walls and hung baffles of panels of pressed plant stems (cotton plants if memory serves). Here is a pic of the type of material, but as I said we had panels that were almost floor to ceiling.

Attachments

• 9dbfe3f0d4d2bc998471414728e4cbd9.jpg
    9dbfe3f0d4d2bc998471414728e4cbd9.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 17
Question: would that 5/8 drywall setup mentioned above work if you had some expanded foam (like Great Stuff) squiggled out and dried on it, then a second 5/8 screwed to the first board?

Would be prob over 1.25 inch thick overall, front to back.

Back
Top Bottom