Need help tuning a dual carbeurator

tybo480

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   1
Reaction score
Is anyone local near woodstock that can help me tune a dual carb on a 1976 Honda CB200. I have the bike running with new carbs, fuel line and petcock but im not experienced with 2 carb setup.

Imay make one of those contraptions but would rather have it done by a pro.

brad sweet brad sweet do you work at a shop?
no..just had may bikes over they years and do all my own work ,engines and carbs and frame work and paint...but a vacuum gauge pod or two of them some adapters(kit) on eBay or harbor freight is 60$ or less...watch some YouTube vids and do it yourself

How would a homemade manometer be calibrated? Just curious.

As far as carb sych, in the case of a small twin like that, I'd get a feeler gauge (about .020-.030 should be fine, I've heard of guys using a small diameter drill bit as well) and match each throttle blade to the size. Carb synch is mostly only relevant to about an 1/8th turn throttle opening.
You can make some adjustments after it's running if needed but it'll get you in the park and running a little quicker than making a tool that you may or may not know how to use.

Don't forget to turn your idle speed adjuster up or down a little. It'll be hard to start if too open and race when it does, or not start at all if idle is too low obviously.

I had a rough running Yamaha twin many, many years ago. My older friend popped off the air filters, stuck two fingers in the intakes, and adjusted the linkage. I was amazed at the difference. A little knowledge and five minutes of work transformed the RDS3C into a screaming riceburner. I was ready to challenge Yvon Duhamel in the 250 at Daytona. I hope your fix is as easy.

Back
Top Bottom