• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(Need ODT Advice ) So, this is my yard…..

First thing I notice is it appears the grass is scalped as a mother trucker. Very healthy, heavily maintained, well watered hybrid Bermuda can take a low low cut, but unless you want to mess with it every day I would recommend cutting it no shorter than 3” and never bag your grass.

At 3” the morning dew will do most of your watering for you. I would recommend getting some organic material in there to get the microorganisms active again as that dirt looks pretty dead.

I personally would hit it with a couple of bags of milorganite, some Bermuda seed and cover with a thin layer of straw. After the straw I would water it everyday until the grass is about 4 inches and then I would start cutting it to 3” every time it reaches 4”.

You can hit it with militias much as you like. It won’t burn the grass and the soil loves the organic material. The recommended application is 4 times a year but too years ago when I was home due to lockdowns I was throwing down milo every 2 weeks and mowing every 3 days.

I have never had a lawn that thick, green, lush, and healthy. Everyone in the neighborhood wanted to know what I was using for weed control since I had zero weeds. I told them, “a healthy lawn.” I never had to water and I never had to weed. Just mow.

Now that things are back to normal I pay a crew to mow my grass at the new house. They scalp them crap out of it everyday two weeks and it is mainly weeds. Too busy with other stuff to care.

Reactions: dr9
71YRAZC303L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Have you aerated it at all? Ever?

I may try that this year. Apparently the only folks around here who care about their lawns DO NOT live in Macon, so I'm lucky. 2 units "available" (we'll see about that)
1651760305807.png

Bermuda needs at least 8 full hrs of sun. Does it get that much? I see lots of trees in the pics.

From my experience Bermuda is great with full day sun. Less than 8 hrs and you'll notice it - just doesn't grow as much, won't fill in and is patchy.

Back
Top Bottom