• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Reloading Help in Midland

It is different, with the bullet installed…..I do not know if there is enough lube in the universe to prevent the case from being stuck in a rifle sizing die with a bullet installed.

maybe I am still misunderstanding something here.
you could do it using a full length bushing die from redding...with no bushing in. I would probably bite the bullet(pun intended) and pull the 300 rounds down, resize with a FL bushing die(decapping rod removed), and reload.

Do not size a loaded round. It will squeeze the neck too much on the bullet. Also, I have reloaded 223, 556, and 308 for my ar's and have never had an issue needing small base sizing dies. Wallacem in Ga

OP, I had the exact same problem with my first attempts at .223. I was using Hornady dies. Turns out my seating/crimping die was bulging the neck just enough to keep some of the rounds from chambering. Backing off the crimp enough to avoid this resulted in a crimp too light for my comfort. The easy solution was using the Hornady die for seating only and a $15 Lee factory crimp die for crimping. This approach also allows the trim length to be less critical. Since that change, my .223 loads chamber perfectly.

I have Hornady dies and I have never had a problems. Of course I am not standing on the press lever to seat my projectiles either. I use the micrometer to adjust my depth and just take it down easy. The only problem I ever have is a ejection hick up when my brass catcher gets to heavy and starts to choke of the opening.

I have Hornady dies and I have never had a problems. Of course I am not standing on the press lever to seat my projectiles either. I use the micrometer to adjust my depth and just take it down easy. The only problem I ever have is a ejection hick up when my brass catcher gets to heavy and starts to choke of the opening.
ME TOO!!! I hate it when that happens!

Back
Top Bottom