Need some help (please)

That's why you can't get it off. soak it in water over night or you can bring it to the shop here in Snellville
I have heard of soaking it in water before. Don't remember when I heard about that but now that you mention I do remember hearing about it.

I went ahead and sent it to Dobbs over lunch today. Now its out of my hands and I wont get any more ideas and start trying stuff over the weekend. I may not be handy but I love to tinker. The luck I have had with it so far I would end up flooding my house soaking it in water or setting the basement on fire adding heat.

Got a new Bergara BMP and was putting a Dead Air brake on it last night.

Barrel was vised and tightened down securely and brake was being installed using an armorers wrench (Like I have done numerous times before). Torque wrench set at 30 ft lbs and clicked just shy of 12' oclock. Set it to 35 ft lb to get it to aligned.

Got it almost timed, went to put the last turn on it and the damn brake broke. I mean it just cracked and the end fell off. I now have no idea how to get this brake off. There are no flat surfaces left due to where it broke. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe the brake had a problem, maybe I just put too much ass behind it. Regardless I am now lost.

Is it all now trashed, can I have the barrel cut down (it is currently 24"), anyone I can take it to?

Little humor.......I believe it will still work as a mount. Of course I am kidding.

Guys I am stumped and now have a $1300 paperweight. Any help appreciated it advance.
the bigger the pipe wrench the less pressure it will take. i have what u need ,if u need it. bill

Since the brake is already ****ed, cut a thin line up the side with a dremel, almost to the threads. Don't hit the threads though. Then spin that thing off with a wrench. Soak it in water overnight first and should come right off. I've done this myself, short of breaking the muzzle device.

Or, take it to a competent Smith. @Shadow Hunter Concepts, Accurate Ordnance or APA would get my vote.

Edit, guess I should have read all of the posts. Good luck getting it back and working right.

Since the brake is already ****ed, cut a thin line up the side with a dremel, almost to the threads. Don't hit the threads though. Then spin that thing off with a wrench. Soak it in water overnight first and should come right off. I've done this myself, short of breaking the muzzle device.

Or, take it to a competent Smith. @Shadow Hunter Concepts, Accurate Ordnance or APA would get my vote.

Edit, guess I should have read all of the posts. Good luck getting it back and working right.

Thanks man. Dobbs was suggested and I talked to him on the phone. I feel 110% confident about that decision.

With that said, I forgot all about @Shadow Hunter Concepts (I know he does good work and is local to me but forgot) and Accurate Ordnance who I have never used before but after a quick google are 10 minutes from my house.

I will post the results up when all is said and done. :)

Got everything back from @Nonliberal Friday, everything mounted up this morning and its back ready to kick some ass. Thanks everyone for the help / suggestions and Dobbs for getting me back in business!

Fantastic work!!

IMG_0509.jpg
IMG_0511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom